13│EVERYTHING GOES DOWNHILL FROM HERE

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇʟᴀɴᴅs ᴏғ ᴛɪᴍᴇ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ɢᴏᴇs
ᴅᴏᴡɴʜɪʟʟ ғʀᴏᴍ ʜᴇʀᴇ ꒱

❝ THAT DOESN'T LOOK
LIKE SUCCESS TO ME ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

The car ride was silent as Five and Dolores drove to the farm where Vanya was staying. Both teens were lost in their own thoughts; the girl stared blankly out the window while the boy's gaze remained focused on the road. It was, however, the most comfortable silence the two had shared since being reunited despite the fact that the brunette counted every faint tick of the synchronized watch. Even with their current contemplating separation, they remained connected by their clasped hands that sat on the middle console and the boy's thumb rubbed absentmindedly on the back of the girl's hand.

They were pulled back into the present as another car drove past them. Both teens turned to look at the driver (that turned out to be Vanya) who stared in back at them in surprise. The cars slowed to a stop and all three of them met in the middle of the road.

"What are you guys doing here?" Vanya asked.

"Looking for you," Five answered. "We're going back to 2019."

"What are you talking about?"

"Look, we don't really have time to explain right now but we found a way home." The boy pulled out the timepiece to double-check the remaining amount. "Alright? We have thirty minutes to leave." He began to lead Dolores back to the car.

"What about my friends?" his sister demanded. "I can't just leave them here."

The pair turned back to her as Dolores spoke: "we have to get home, Vanya. We don't have much of a choice."

"Doomsday will happen if you don't come with us," Five reminded her.

"Okay, then I'm bringing them with me," the woman stated defiantly.

"They belong in this timeline," her brother insisted.

"Says who?" the brunette snapped. "Sissy deserves a life where she doesn't have to pretend to be someone she's not. And Harlan? There's a name for what he has. We can give him the help that he needs."

Dolores understood all too well the affect of being someone you're not had on a person but it didn't change the fact that they weren't supposed to be there. "Vanya—" she started.

"Look, a mom and her eight-year-old son are not gonna screw up the timeline!" the woman cut her off as her voice rose to a shout. "They're insignificant."

"No one is insignificant," Five retorted as he stepped up to his sister. "I'm sorry, alright? We can't take that risk."

"They have to stay," the girl added as if her husband's point wasn't clear enough.

The couple began to retrace their steps back to the car only to be stopped as Vanya continued to argue: "why do you get to decide? You're the reason we're stuck here in the first place."

Dolores spun around to face the woman and pointed her finger threateningly in her direction. "Hey. If it weren't for him we'd all be dead and you'd never have even gotten to meet Sissy. Lay off, okay?" Her tone bordered on polite with only a hint of a sharp edge, but the steeliness in her eyes showed that she meant business.

The woman paused before she replied, "they're coming with me."

The boy scoffed as his eyes narrowed with irritation. "Vanya, do not test me right now," he snarled as he stalked towards her.