49.

Mya's return to Hogwarts was just how she imagined it to be. One day filled with an endless amount of welcome backs followed by a great big return party in the Gryffindor common room. Then she was greeted with the cruel return of school and everybody else she really didn't care about.

"How do I still have homework I'm behind on?" Mya groaned, holding a stack of books she had just checked out of the library. 

"You're lucky you got so many extensions," Ron chuckled, only holding one book in his hand. 

"I was attacked by a werewolf," Mya rolled her eyes, navigating around a pack of first years whispering to themselves as they walked down the stairs. "I think that grants me as many extensions as I want."

"Someone's cranky today," Ron mumbled under his breath. "It is that time of the mon-"

"If you finish that sentence, I swear on my life Ronald," Mya narrowed her eyes at him. 

"Sorry," Ron raised his free hand in self defense. "I just mean, the full moon's tonight. Not the other thing. I've learned from Ginny not to bring up the other thing."

"Smart boy to listen to your sister," Mya told him. "And yes, the full moon is tonight but I will be fine and everything going to be fine."

"Alright, everything's going to be fine," Ron nodded his head. "Well except for all those papers you have to write."

Mya let out a sigh, pouting as they walked over to the great hall. "Maybe I can guilt Hermione into doing some for me?"

"Fat chance with that," Ron chuckled. 

"I know, but one can hope," Mya said.

"Look, it's the wolf girl," Mya stopped in her tracks, slowly turning her head to look over at the smirking Pansy. "Oh look, the wolf girl knows commands."

A little growl came from the back of Mya's throat, which only seemed to make the smug smirk on Pansy's lips grow. "Don't you know not to mess with a werewolf on a full moon?"

"Is that a threat? What are you going to do, bite me?" Pansy narrowed her eyes across the table.

"Pansy, I'd never bite you," Mya adjusted the stack of books resting on her hip like a baby. "I have way more respect for myself than to even touch you. I might catch a disease."

"You bitch!" Pansy stood up quickly from her seat, grabbing her wand off the table.

"Easy now," Ron tugged on Mya's arm. He slowly started to pull her away, leaning closer to her ear when Mya wouldn't budge. "Come on, you don't want to do this, not today."

Mya ripped her arm out of his grasp, rounding on him as they continued to walk down the aisle. "Since when did you become the sensible one?"

"When I'm around you, I find that I have to be," Ron rolled his eyes.