Chapter 1 : Leora

Copyright © 2022 by Faith Hunte

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without written permission from the author.

This book is available only on Wattpad, Inkitt and my Patreon. If you are reading it anywhere else, then it has been plagiarized.

Stealing is a CRIME. If this book is discovered elsewhere, legal action will be taken.

This is one of the books in the series, Amidst the Grips of Lycans, and can be read as a standalone.

***********************

"You know what to do, Leora." A whispered, strained voice pierced the silence, and I heard the rustling of clothes and the shifting of booted feet against the floor as the male lycan before me pressed forward from where he sat, dark eyes glowing with blunt anticipation. "Beg for it, slave."

I exhaled slowly, hearing the trembling of it echo in this small room, and I kept my gaze locked upon the Alpha, Rothman, before me.

My heart was pounding rapidly in my chest as I watched him, the dryness in my throat making it difficult for me to speak.

"Please, sir." Finally the words arose, and I could hear the desperation in my voice, threaded with my wariness.

My knees ached as I rested upon them, and pain clawed at my stomach, worsening as I inhaled, scenting spices and meat nearby.

The Alpha's head tipped back, his eyes closing as pure satisfaction made its way across his harsh features. "Again." His voice was no longer a strained whisper, but a growl, one that made me swallow tightly.

"Please, sir." Two words, quietly spoken, fell from my lips once more, and I watched the way Rothman's large body shuddered as his eyes opened slowly and locked with mine again.

And immediately, I repeated those words, begging him, my voice cracking as I performed the routine which I knew would give me my meal.

"Stand." Rothman finally commanded, and I did as told, standing, ignoring the blanket of darkness and flashing light that filled my gaze briefly as I stood too quickly.

Unease swarmed my mind as I continued to watch the male lycan before me, letting my eyes show my desperation, my need, my fear. And Rothman smiled a smile that was empty of warmth as he took notice of all of this.

When his head tilted to his left, I didn't breathe a sigh of relief at being allowed to move away from him. I had made that mistake a long time ago.

Instead, I kept my desperation in my eyes, and held his gaze for a moment longer before stepping aside.

My hands pressed against the edge of a table as I surveyed the lone plate of food resting on it, and after a moment, I reached forward to it.

I gripped the plate tightly, mouth watering at the scent that arose and tickled my nostrils, increasing the pain in my stomach.

I had not been allowed to eat for several days and had relied on drinking water only, and the need to devour the food right there was almost overwhelming, but I resisted the urge.

Without a word, I lifted up the plate, and I exited the mostly dark room, aware that the Alpha watched me throughout it all.

Several lycans were outside of the small home I exited. All of them were watching me, disgust evident in their faces and scowls upon many mouths.