Chapter 35

Was Alice always like this?

No way...

"Irene Gracia, I will like to introduce you to Alice Beverly and the late Count's wife, Stella," the Grand Duke said introducing the 2 random girls in the Grand Duke's main mansion.

Irene stared at both of them, the little girl is the same age as her, and the Count's wife. "It's a great honor the meet you both," Irene curtsied.

"A-ah, oh um, nice to meet you too," the brown-haired said nervously gripping onto her mom's arm, Irene watched her movements.

"The only reason I called you here was to meet them, nothing more," the Grand Duke said in a cold voice. Irene's eyes widened, "That's it?" she said.

"Another thing is that they will be living here for now on," the Grand Duke announced and Irene had no words. "Here? In father's mansion?" the white-haired child asked confused.

"Yes and? Do you have any objections or problems with my decision?" the man stared her down, Irene gasped, "No, I don't father," the girl said weakly.

"You may return now," he said turning his back to Irene, Irene curtsied then left the room and watched the door close as she saw the 2 girls discussing with the Grand Duke with a smile.

Irene was a bit jealous of both of them, they are so lucky they get to stay here...

The child sighed pitifully as she was kicked out of the room and walked away from the door, "It's okay, there's always another chance for me!" Irene said cheering herself on and continued with a smile.

Then as she was walking she bumped into someone, "Oh I apologize," Irene said as she picked herself up and then meet her older brothers' eyes.

"Oh, elder brothers! It's so nice to see you guys, I was just visiting father and- Oh," Irene said excitedly then Robert bumped into her side. "Don't be blocking our way," he said as he faced his back at her while staring at her with cold eyes.

"Oh I apologize, I didn't wasn't paying attention to what's in front of me," she said while staring at her brother's eyes smiling.

They just continued walking, "She seems too much," Lucas sneered while walking away, Trevor glanced at her and sighed. Leaving Irene by herself.

"They looked at me...they talked to me...they talked about me...!" Irene said celebrating, this was enough attention for her to celebrate. Then she watched them walking inside her father's office.

"Oh...of course," Irene realized. The white-haired continued walking to the exit as she passed maids and servants whispering, laughing, and talking about her. Irene didn't pay any attention to them as she was quite happy to be invited to her father's office.

"Oh, Young Lady Irene, how was the meeting?" Elle said looking at the child, "Amazing, it's nice seeing father and oh I also saw my brothers," she said talking happily. Elle smiled sadly at the sweet child.

"I'm happy for you," Elle said.

After that Irene went home.

"What?!" Irene said shocked, "I-I am going to father's mansion again?" she said getting off her seat, "Yes, Young Lady," the maid said after reading the letter in her hand.

Irene smiled brightly, "Thank you!" it was just 1 week after Irene left the residence of the Grand Duke, she was very happy. She was also mid-way writing to the Crown Prince, but this was more important.

The white-haired later on arrived at the mansion and walked to her father's office, "Oh, father is so nice to see you again," she said cheerily. Then the Grand Duke just nodded, Irene noticed her father's office changed a bit.