44 | a wattpad time capsule

Guys when I say I literally started crying when I found this, I mean it.

For those of you who didn't see my announcement, basically I charged up my old iPod from middle school and since it hasn't connected to wifi since 2014, the app hasn't updated AND it's exactly how I left it. Username, covers, stories, library, reading lists, EVERYTHING is the same.

You can roast me but also keep in mind that Wattpad was a VERY different place during these years and wasn't focused on aesthetics nearly as much. Everyone just did whatever they wanted to in terms of covers and story layouts.

For those who were on Wattpad during this time, the old layout will bring back memories. For those who joined later, you're in for a SHOCK.

When you open the app, it takes you straight to your library. There isn't a "home" page.

I'm exposing my whole library from this time (some of these are actually in my archive):

1. CONNOR FRANTA I AM SO SORRY. This was before he came out and when he did, I deleted all of the fics for him from my library.

2. The Doctor Who phase. Yeah I was neck-deep in it during this time.

3. This was also my PJO phase, as you can tell, as well as my Marvel, One Direction, Teen Wolf, and 5sos phases, so it was just chaos.

4. It was the beginning of my Maze Runner phase  too. Different didn't exist yet, but would soon (TMR fans will probably recognize Fighter in there. I don't think I finished it though).

I couldn't load my profile without wifi, so I had no idea what my follower count was at this point, which is SO disappointing.

There is a side bar you open by pressing a button at the top left, and here you'll see my old user and icon.

Yep. TheReal_SlimShady. And that's 13 year old me in the pic. It's so dramatic.

RIP the news feed, you were so good to us :( it wouldn't let me load that either without wifi, same with the discover tab, so I had to skip those.