Chapter 50 - Follow your nose.

As I said before I don't normally write this sort of thing and I know you probably just want me to get on with it but...you know...it vaguely has to make sense.  I HATE LOOSE END!!!!  I was going to suggest you suspend reality with this chapter but then I remembered I AM WRITING A WEREWOLF STORY...so bear with me.  The map of the Maze Drain from a site for urban explorers.

Votes are appreciated, they keep the story alive.

9.30 am

I wanted to be with the Alpha when he spoke with Sophia but time wouldn't permit it. Initially he didn't agree to sending me personally to search but in the end he saw the logic of it. I can see that his relationship with Virgil is impairing his judgement. Regrettably, he  agreed to her terms immediately, he could have given me more time with a little negotiation. Lewis has started the preparations for their mating ceremony already. Giving me a deadline that's verging on impossible. I have two of my junior Lieutenants with me and we'll try to cover as much territory as possible.

My first stop will be the house. I need the scent of the kidnapper. Hopefully, I can speak to James' father and get a description of the Lycan. My Lieutenants will go to the shop and pick up the scent in or around the area. The police haven't made that connection yet so they won't get in my way. The plane should land in an hour.

With the little time I've had I've dug a little deeper in to the V...    family. I suspect that they have used werewolf or Lycan assassins for centuries to carry out their dirty work. That's how they became powerful and then held on to that power.  Sophia, was obviously just following family tradition.  She not only brought Maria Orlando with her, she also had her bodyguard  hiding in the shadows, spying and carrying out her orders. He's invisible, has no name, no identity...impossible to trace.

In the back of my mind I can't help but think is he already dead.

11am

Pure Blood business and government connections are everywhere in the human world. Pure Bloods have deep pockets and at times like this can be very useful. Police have put up a barrier at each end of the block and getting into the house would have been impossible without a few strings being pulled, money being exchanged and paper work embellished. In this case I am a security consultant, the ID I'm flashing is enough to get me in the door for a few minutes at least.

I'm allowed through the first police check point without a problem. Next it's into the house. No one is at the door when I reach it and I slip in without having to answer any questions as to who I am. I put on my face mask, shoe covers and latex gloves to play the part and pull a lanyard over my head with a legit Pure Blood security company logo. Luckily, I only needed a couple of minutes in the lounge room to find what a needed. I could smell clearly a werewolf scent, separate from Virgil's. It was fresh scent, distinct and now embedded in my wolf memory. I would recognise it anywhere and for a radius of a couple of miles. I headed up stairs quickly to his room. I needed to see if anything had been missed by the police. His small room was remarkably neat considering, I expected more signs of a struggle. The bed sheets where on the floor. What had been on the dresser was scattered on the floor but that was it. I scanned and sniffed the room...nothing but the anticipated scents of Virgil, the werewolf and the smell of several humans who had passed through swabbing, photographing etc. I took a closer look at the items on the floor mobile, bills, water bottle, house keys and wallet. The police had left everything in situ. I was tempted to take his wallet but that would cause more trouble than it was worth so instead I just checked the contents and took a couple of photos of his credit cards. I heard foot falls and left the room quickly, down the stairs and outside.