puppy love (requested)

You closed the front door behind you as you arrived home after a long and exhausting day.

Your shoulders were slumped as you took off your shoes.

You're feeling down these days, feeling a sadness that you can't quite explain, but you're feeling it quite intensely right now after the day you had.

Hailee walked down the stairs with her heart racing. She's got a surprise for you and she's feeling so excited to finally be able to share it with you.

"You're home!" She grinned and kissed your cheek.

"Hey, babe." You said and sent her a tired smile before you tried to sit on the sofa.

"No, don't sit down! I have something to show you."

"Hailee," you whined as she took your hand and began to pull you towards the stairs. "I'm tired."

"Now." She smirked as she stared back at you. "I have a feeling that your mood is about to improve though!"

"How so?"

"You'll see." She said as you reached the top step, walking down the hall with her.

Hailee, as always, has been so understanding and supportive of the way that you're feeling these days and tries to bring you as much happiness as she can.

But she has a feeling that you're in need of something more and it got her thinking about what you've mentioned time and time again that you so desperately want to get someday.

A furry friend.

She covered your eyes as you stood outside the bedroom, guiding you with every step that you took.

"Can I look yet?" You asked impatiently and she playfully rolled her eyes, taking a few more steps before she stopped.

"Yeah, in three... two... one."

She pulled her hands away from your eyes and you opened them. Instantly, you were in awe of the sweet little puppy laying on your bed with a toy that Hailee had bought for them when she picked them up from the adoption center this morning.

"That, my love, is your new puppy."

"Mine?" You asked, the happiness you felt evident in your voice.

You turned to look back at her as you knelt on the floor in front of the sweet puppy, immediately brushing your fingers through their soft fur.

"Yeah. I know how much you've always wanted a puppy and I figured now was the perfect time for one. What do you think?"

"I think this is the most wonderful thing anyone has ever done for me." You spoke, almost tearing up from the love and happiness you felt. "Thank you!"

"I'm happy to see you happy. I know you've been in a bit of a funk lately. I know your mental health hasn't been the best. But no reason to worry now because you've got an amazing girlfriend and a sweet, precious little puppy that love you very much."

You gave her a hug as she sat on the floor beside you.

"It means so much to me. I love them already."

You turned your attention back to the sweet puppy, who barked and wagged its tail happily at you.

It was a dream come true. This sweet puppy is everything you have ever wanted and more.

And Hailee watched as you gave them kiss after kiss, already so in love.

It made her so happy to see you smiling. It was all that mattered to her.

 And she was looking forward to all of the years ahead with the newest addition to your family.