Chp 2

A/N this is a short chapter I know and I apologize, I just didn't know what else to say here lol

Preston's POV
I woke up early and glanced at my clock, 5:30 am. I tossed on some sweat pants, deciding it was too hot for a T-shirt, and walked outside with a cup of tea. As soon as I opened the back door I paused, there was someone from another pack here, a rogue maybe?

I like the smell

My wolf Daron commented, though I had to agree with him. Whoever was on my packs property smelled of cinnamon and vanilla with a hint of the forest, my three favorite things. I stepped out of the house and glanced around, my eyes falling on a young woman, around my age with long auburn hair and perfectly creamy skin.

Who is this beautiful girl and why is she here?

I thought.

Mate. Mate unconscious.

Daron hissed angrily inside my head and I growled lightly, easily finding the dart that was stuck in the back of her neck.
Whoever dared to do this to my mate would pay. The girl whimpered softly as I lifted her up tenderly, smiling to myself as she fit perfectly in my arms. It took me several moments to figure out how I was going to get her inside.

After a few awkward attempts I finally got her inside and started heading towards my room when my fathers voice stops me.

Dangit

I'd been hoping he'd still be asleep.
"Preston, who is that girl and why is she unconscious in your arms?" He asked.
"She's my mate," I started confidently. "As to why she was unconscious in our backyard, I have no idea. I plan to ask when she wakes up."
He frowned at me disapprovingly, I already knew what he was going to say. The future Luna of the pack should be fast and strong, not found unconscious at an early hour.
"You're responsible for her Preston, don't expect me to help clean up your messes." He finally said, leaving me to go to my room.
I quickly went upstairs and got my precious mate comfortable in my bed, because of my wolf instincts I wanted to climb in and sleep with her, but I knew it would only freak her out more when she woke up, so I just paced my room, waiting for the girl of my dreams to open her eyes and tell me about her.

~~~~

After hours of pacing I finally sat down on a chair and ran my hand through my hair.

This is ridiculous, how long were they wanting her to be out for?!

My wolf growled inside my head but perked and started howling.
I glanced up, confused, to see my beautiful mate, blinking around the room in confusion and panic with wide, beautiful sea blue eyes.