H I S W I F E

I practically got no sleep last night, I kept tossing and turning

I practically got no sleep last night, I kept tossing and turning. My mind kept going back to him, the way he allowed me not only to touch his chest but he wanted to keep my hand on skin. I don't know what to think, or even what to do. It's always like this with him, he has some sort of ability to make me forget everything, especially my senses. I hate it, I hate him, I hate this house, I hate these memories, and most of all I hate that I don't hate him at all.

My sweaty hand ran across my forehead, I was beyond frustrated. I stood up and grabbed my robe off the couch, I need something to distract me like food. Pretty sure I'll run into him or his wife, it's just a matter of time. I walked downstairs trying to be as quiet as possible, surprisingly there was no one in the kitchen.

Thank god, I opened the fridge and pulled out the grapefruit juice. I was so dehydrated, my hand grabbed a glass cup and immediately poured the juice. I practically chugged it all without breathing. That's how thirsty I was, after I put it down that's when I started breathing. Light footsteps made their way inside the kitchen, that same woman with red hair stood across from me.

His wife.

She looks me up and down with judgment lingering around her eyes, my lips falling into a frown.

"I don't see what the big fuss is about." She says. Her black, long acrylic nails ran across her tan skin.

"Can I help you with something?" I asked, clearly I was bothered by her presence but I wasn't intimidated by her.

She chuckles. "No need to be so modest, we're both women that have warmed Nathaniel's bed."

"I'd say we have a lot in common."

My head tilted, in this moment I knew that I wanted nothing more but to kill her. She's warmed Nathaniel's bed, of course she has. This is his wife, and I was just his whore.

"We have nothing in common." I seethed.

"I see your point as I have self-respect and you don't so I've heard." She smiles, wickedly.

So she's heard? Did Nathaniel tell her about me, about my past?

"I might've not had it before but I sure as hell have it now." I told her, my heavy glare settled on her. "Word of advice, he'll never give you more than sex."

Her jaw clenched before disguising her hurt with a smirk, she swayed her hips while walking closer to me. She raised her hand showing off a huge diamond ring, her smirk got even wider when she saw my eyes focused on the ring.

"Awh honey, he didn't even ask me for sex before putting this ring on my finger." She says. "Now after our wedding, sure he fucked me, a lot."

My brain eventually processed what she said, I couldn't hide my hurt expression because it honestly took me by surprise. It was like a slap to my face even my body reacted to it, my legs carried me back just a little.