Minor Adjustments

You couldn't really move much. All you could do was stare at the roof of your bedroom as you laid in bed. Bandages pretty much covered 79% of your body and your bones were still healing.

But you were home. You were safe. Liz was relieved that you were okay (for the most part) and alive.

Even if there was now a minor change to your living condition.

Brat: You should be back on your feet soon.

You looked to Brat who was sitting in a chair she had taken from the kitchen. She was also reading one of your books. She had been reading the same book for a while now.

After you all came back, Brat insisted that she stay with you. She claimed that she now owed you her life since you not only defeated N/Y, but also saved her from his rage. Although....

Brat: Not that I'm worried, or anything. It's just a fact that you heal faster than the average human.

She was bit weird. You knew that she probably buried her true feelings under many fronts after dealing with N/Y and her sisters for so long. Maybe she was just scared to let people in?

Still, she had been by your side since you came back about three or so days ago. The only time she really left was to use the bathroom or to eat. Liz seemed to like her, so that was a plus.

Still, it would take some time to get used to your new status quo.

Power Up!

You sat on your bed and typed up a message to Mitch. You had both been checking up on each other since you got back. Granted you had to use voice to text for the first day.

But you were able to move now. You sent the message and looked over to the corner of your room. Brat sat there still reading one of your books on a beanchair that Liz had bought for her. It had been three days since you came back from the mirror world.

Though, it doesn't appear that Brat had even changed her clothes.

Liz had offered her some of her old clothes, but Brat seemed to have some kind of attachment to her hoodie. She had allowed Liz to wash it yesterday, but that was only because she took a shower.

She didn't bring anything but her Octi when you all came back. It was actually sitting next to her right now.

She felt someone looking at her and lifted her head. You both locked eyes as silence filled the room.

Brat: You got a staring problem or something?

You cleared your throat and went back to texting Mitch.

Your right arm was still wrapped in bandages but the rest of your body had healed up pretty well. You were still a bit sore, but you definitely felt a bit better.

Good enough to get an idea.

Y/N: Hey.

Brat: What?

You sighed. You were responsible for her now. You needed to be able to talk to her. She had been through a lot, so you needed to be a bit patient.

Y/N: You don't have any clothes besides those, right?

Brat looked down at herself then back to you.

Brat: What? Is there a problem with my clothes?

You tilted your head.

Y/N: No, of course not. You look cute, actually. I really like it when girls wear hoodies and knee high socks.

Brat looked at you blankly. Her cheeks slowly heated up and were soon fully red.