Chapter 39 : Holy-

I chewed on my nails as I rummaged through my wardrobe, letting out a cry of despair as I slumped onto the cold floor

I'm doomed.

The party was in an hour and I still didn't know what to wear. Usually I was not that dramatic about what I wear and neither did I care but now I couldn't say the same.

Maybe I should just call Az and pretend that I have a fever. But then again he'll probably just panic and drive here and that will ruin Jasmine's birthday. Yep. So no pretending.

"Why aren't you ready yet?" My mother dearest decided to remind me as she poked her head inside my very messy room.

I let out a wail and flopped my arms on the floor. She ignored me completely and walked in, stepping over my poor body with a big bag in her hand. The audacity.

"Get up!" She snapped.

I did not move an inch.

"I've got a dress for you." She said and I snapped my head up. And there she was holding a red dress in her hand. It seemed new.

"Where did you get that from?" I asked incredulously.

"Your grandmother sent it." She said.

That did make sense. My grandmother, Alexandrine Blanchet-Brooks is a sixty eight year old lady who has a way more fashion sense than me- which again made sense as she was a fashion designer- and enjoys her time strutting through the streets of Paris in her ridiculously expensive high heels in search of inspirations for her latest models which costs more than my life.

I jumped up and ran a hand down the fabric in awe. It was a deep red dress and was simple yet classy and elegant, held by delicate red straps that went on to criss cross across the back before joining at the base of my spine.

"Wow...." I mumbled.

"I had sent an SOS call to her because I knew you wouldn't have anything remotely feminine in your closet." Mom huffed exasperatedly.

I grinned and gave her a hug, "You both are the best!" I chirped making her lips twitch. She nudged me towards the washroom with a playful glare on her face.

"Get ready fast! I need to do your hair." She said.

I grinned and waltzed.

___________________

"Okay, so how do I look?" I asked nervously as I stood up and stepped into a gorgeous pair of red heels.

I suddenly felt like I was on top of the Eiffel Tower and grimaced as I imagined falling flat on my face.

"You look beautiful, honey." Ma mumbled as she looked at me with a soft smile on my face.

I turned around to look at the mirror. My hair was put up in a messy bun on top of head with a few strands framing my face. It hurt like hell considering the length of my hair. Not that I was going to say that to her. My makeup was also done perfectly, not too much but just right, the red lipstick complementing the colour of my dress.