Chapter 4 : Rubies for Eyes.

꧁༒︎༒︎༒︎꧂

Y/N's POV:

"Drama... Club."

It was four in the afternoon, and the time for club meetings has begun. I was standing at the doorway, seemingly awaiting what's beyond the door.

Full of mixed emotions, I began to question myself about entering the drama club at this point.

Man, having Himari repeatedly tell you to join the club is like having a gun pointed against your back.

"Well, here goes..." Leaving me with no choice, I took a deep breath, stepped forward, and knocked on the door three times.

"Come in!!!" A voice sounded from the inside, giving me the go signal to enter the room.

I quickly opened the door, and was met with some familiar faces.

"C-Coming in..." I started.

"Y/N-senpai!" Himari beamed up happily.

"Ah! Y/N-san, Welcome!" Maya beamed a bright smile, as I entered the room.

I saw a few faces that I was familiar with, such as Himari and Maya, and...

"Ah~! You must be the new member of the Club... I bid you, a heartwarming welcome~!"

...Yes, it's her. The girl from this morning. She was flamboyant, just as she was earlier.

"I-It's wonderful to be he-"

"Oh! It's you~! The lovely kitten who rode with me to school~!" Kaoru smiled. "Alas, we meet again~..."

"Eh? Kaoru-san, you've met Y/N-san?" Maya asked.

"I was running late this morning... And that's when I bumped into her... And her horse." I sheepishly replied to Maya.

"It was truly... A Fleeting ride~..." Kaoru followed. "Wouldn't you agree, my little kitten~?"

Yeah, it was a ride so fleeting, my soul almost left my body due to that stunt. I'm definitely not doing that again.

Also...

"I have a name, Kaoru..." I started.

"Ah yes... Y/N..." Kaoru started, flailing her arms once again. "Ah, Y/N... Such a splendid name, it reminds me of a princ-"

"Alright, can we just get this over with...?" I sat down beside Himari, wishing for the meeting to officially start.

"Ah! Right!" Maya started. "As you can see, we are all gathered here today, to talk about our upcoming play."

Maya then began to speak about the details of the story, and surprisingly, it does sound like the book I have with me.

"It's a new story that the scriptwriters are currently making, and it is something that we are going to have to focus on."

"This is going to be one of our most ambitious plays, with all of us going to work even harder than before! Here's some flyers containing the information of the play so far!"

She then handed us flyers, showing both the synopsis, and the cast of the play. As Maya continued to discuss the details of the play, I began to scan the flyer, checking over when suddenly I saw something that made my soul almost leave my body.

"Playing as the outcast and Kaoru-san's leading man will be a special guest. A famous and talented star, Tatsumaki Yami!" Maya followed as she continued to discuss the cast members.

Some were elated with the news, but Himari and I... Let's say the expression on her face, seemed to resemble a bit of worry. Not even bothering to look up, I continued to lock on with the name of Tatsumaki Yami, and memories began to flow through my mind...