Arrivals

This story is a copy of the Devil Overlord written by Snowmistys on fanfiction. This a representation of that story on Wattpad.

Issei screamed in terror as a lance made of fire pierced his chest, his heart, and burned its way through his back.

The Rating Game between Rias Gremory and Riser Phenix had been a disaster from the start.

The downfall had all begun during Riser's 'visit' to Occult Research Club, which Riser had arranged 'in order to learn more about what his future wife was doing', but what had been in actuality a thinly veiled attempt at goading Rias into attacking Riser and thus giving the latter a chance to make demands of Gremory family.

The man's strategy had failed at the start as Rias had kept her cool for the whole duration of the meeting, at least until Rias's 'Pawn', Issei, had overheard of the meet from Rias's 'Queen', Akeno, and the boy had decided to intervene for the sake of his 'big breasted redheaded potential harem member' (who also happened to be Issei's 'King', while Issei was a mere 'Pawn' in the chessboard-allegory that was Peerage System among the race of Devils).

Nonetheless, the meeting between Riser Phenix and Rias Gremory had gone downhill from there at the same speed and direction as a loaded gasoline truck driving off a bridge to a lake of lava, and the speed had only gone up when Issei had involved himself in it.

In the end Issei had walked away with a red face, largely due to the thinly disguised screaming match he had with Riser, Riser had walked away with a slap on his cheek, courtesy of Rias, while the rest of Rias's and Riser's Peerages had walked from the visit without a single scratch.

Issei being out of breath and utterly outraged for Rias's sake didn't count as battle damage, so he was denied his requested prize of being allowed to pat Rias's head. And breasts.

It was clear that Issei hadn't understood what had happened, as Issei had thought to Rias that the event had ended in their definite victory.

Akeno had given him a glare that would have flash-electrocuted a regular human, and Rias had been on the verge of crying for the whole afternoon after Riser left.

The next morning the reason for the despaired mood became clear- It turned out that the disrespect and 'physical harm' directed towards Phenix family's son during the meeting gave the Phenix family an excuse to demand amends from the Gremory family.

Thus Phenix family had requested that the Ranking Game which Riser had discussed with Rias during their meeting before Issei's interruption, a team deathmatch that would either free Rias from her forced arranged marriage with Riser or force her to marry the man immediately, would no longer take place in ten days from the meeting like how Riser had planned it to take place.

Rather, the Rating Game would take place the next day as the incident of Rias slapping Riser gave the latter a excuse to move the date out of spite.

And Rias Gremory's Peerage had not been ready for the Game.

The next day the peerages had faced off against each other in the Rating Game pocket dimension inside Underworld, and within minutes of the game's start Rias's Peerage had lost its first member.