xxii. Date

데이트

데이트

MUCH TO MINA'S surprise, her father had allowed her to go to Homecoming when she asked him the day after she was asked by Yunho. Sure, she 'forgot' to mention the fact that she had a date, but otherwise he said it was fine. As long as Kangho dropped her off and picked her up, Mina could actually enjoy her night. That's if Shadow chooses to take a break for that night, which she desperately hoped for.

So for that reason, Mina was stood in her bedroom on the night of Homecoming, in front of her mirror while staring at herself and her dress through it. Yeojeong was fixing up the dress from behind her, making sure it fit nicely around her. She had chosen the short one she had worn to a recital a few years before, which she never had a reason to wear it for. Now, she did.

It was a beautiful royal purple-colored lace dress, stopping mid-thigh as the long sleeves ran down her arms, her skin nearly visible through the lace. It hugged her waist tightly while the skirt flowed out with a few pieces of matching jewelry to finish the set.

"Beautiful!" Yeojeong hummed, patting her shoulder before stepping back. Mina looked at herself in the mirror once more, turning her body slightly a few times to observe the way she looked. A small smile crept to her lips, feeling a slight boost in confidence as she glanced at herself head-to-toe. She could definitely compliment the color of the dress, it's hue aligning itself with the distinct color on her Raven suit that she admired.

"Thanks, Yeojeong," she smiled at the secretary before glancing toward the clock in her bedroom. She was supposed to meet Yunho outside of the school at 6 o'clock, and it was nearly past 5:50. "Should we get going?"

"Sure, I'll walk you down to the car," she nodded, grabbing Mina's clutch for her as the girl followed her, her high heels clicking on the floor. She was used to wearing high heels, as those were usually what she had to wear to her father's events, such as fashion shows and dinner parties.

Soon enough, Yeojeong was opening the car door for her, with Kangho already in the driver's seat.

"Remember, Kangho is coming to pick you up at 8 o'clock sharp, okay? That's the curfew your father has set," she pointed out.

"I understand," she shot her a polite smile before climbing into the backseat, Yeojeong shutting the door. Two hours was barely any time with Yunho and at Homecoming, but she decided it was better than nothing.

The car ride felt long, Mina's nerves raging as they got closer and closer to the destination, the school's gym. This was her first Homecoming, her first dance, with even a date to accompany her that night. And the fact that that date was Yunho couldn't make her happier. Not only did she have slight feelings for him, he was one of her closest friends whom she always felt comfortable around. If it were to be anyone who would be with her at Homecoming, Yunho was definitely the best person.