Getting into trouble

(Arlo)

This day sucks big time. I was waiting for Jacob to return because after my parents explained to me about alphas being territorial about their space, I realized what a brat I was. I wanted to apologize to him, to let him know that I understood, and that I wasn't going to go off on him again.

“Sir, mam, I was told that we have a rogue sighting north of the border.” One of our warriors, Richard, said to mom and dad as he ran up to us.

“Let's get ready to move out. Arlo, Micah, stay here and don't get into any trouble.” Dad said, and I raised my eyebrow at him. Don't get into any trouble? Mwah? I beg to differ, I was innocent, you have to believe me. Right as the table was cleared, I glanced at Micah, who had a grin on his face.

'Are you thinking what I'm thinking?' He asked through mind link so no one else could hear our conversation, and I nodded my head. The only people who were here were one of Jacob's warriors and our gamma.

Everyone else had retired to their rooms, locked away for safety reasons, I guess, but not us. They forgot to lock us up due to how fast they were moving, which gives us a lot of advantage.

'We need to find a way to escape so we can go and see what that rogue looks like.' He nodded his head, so I stood up and faked a fall so I could get their attention.

“Luna, are you alright?” Jacob's warrior asked, and I shook my head as tears started to form in my eyes.

“I'm afraid I'm too sore to move around, would you please take me to my room, uh….” I looked at him confused, and he cleared his throat.

“My name is Benjamin, Luna.” I nodded my head and stretched my arms out, so he could carry me.

'What's the plan?' Micah asked, and I told him that once we got to my room, we could jump through the window and go climb a tree so we could see what was going on. Of course, that would be a stupid idea because they could smell us and know that we were there, but I just wanted to know what was so important. Once the warrior left us in my room, I hurriedly made my way over to the window, even given the fact that I was still limping. It wasn't that high of a jump, so I nodded my head at Micah and jumped out.

I groaned after landing, which had a terrible impact on my back, but snow had already started the healing process, and I would be feeling much better soon. We were warned before not to climb any trees, but they should know by now that I don't listen. Micah and I started to run in the direction where the warrior said the rogue was spotted, and given the state I was in, I couldn't care less. I should be at home in bed right now, but I feel like being mischievous now. When we got to the destination, Micah and I hid behind a tree that would be perfect for climbing.

'You're so going to get your ass whoop.' Snow said, and I rolled my eyes.

'As if Jacob wouldn't dare.' I replied and closed the mind link. I pointed to a branch, and Micah nodded his head and followed me. Once we got into a comfortable position, we started listening in on their conversation.

“I'm not going to ask you again. What are you doing so close to our land.” Dad said, and the rogue, who was still in wolf form, whimpered a little.

“Come on, don't make me ask you again, I can easily kill you for wanting to trespass.” There was something about this that just seemed wrong to me, and I didn't know why. It was then that Jacob and Landon approached them, and Jacob shifted into his human form while mom threw him and Landon a shirt.

“Shift.” Jacob commanded, and the rogue shifted. My eyes became wide as I looked at the person in front of me. His body was littered with bruises and scars.

“What is your name?” Jacob asked after getting over his shock.

“M-my name is Malachi, sir.” Are we from the Bible or something? Jacob, Malachi, Micah? What the….
Ok, going off-topic here, let's return to what's more important here.

“I promise you, sir, I'm not a threat. I was just passing through and stumbled close to your land because I was too weak to go on, and my wolf was too weak as well. I was kicked out by my pack because of my omega status and the fact that the gamma there was my mate, and he didn't believe in male mates.” Jacob nodded his head and motioned for the boy to stand up, which he did.

“I don't think he's a threat, but it's up to you if you want to grant him asylum since this is your pack and not mine.” He said, addressing my father.

“Asylum granted.” Malachi started crying as he was given a chance to stay here. I guess I could befriend him, and we could get into a lot of trouble together.

“Another thing.” Landon said, and my heart started beating fast.

“Arlo, Micah, get your butts out of that tree before I tear it down.” Jacob growled out, and we slid down the tree so fast that no one saw that coming.

“I'm a Pokémon, bitches!” Micah shouted and grabbed my hand while we started running away from there. We heard footsteps behind us, but we didn't stop to look back at who was following us. I couldn't help but laugh at how weird he can sometimes get but he is my best friend after all. We shifted into our wolf form and hightailed it out of there like our life depended on it, and quite frankly, it did.