Chapter 3- The Probending match

My eyes quickly scan through the daily newspaper. "Councilmen Tenzin's oldest daughter, Fara has returned back to republic city, after her awful incident two years ago."

Dad scoffs with a roll of his eyes. "Ignore them!"

"Yeah, they don't know what they're talking about," Korra pouts.

I huff throwing the newspaper to Korra which she catches.

She flips through the pages. "-And in the final round the buzzard-wasps won with a decisive knockout." Korra excitedly reads.

She then turns to me. "What do you say we go to the arena tonight, catch a few pro bending matches?"

Dad looks away from his food. "That sport is a mockery of the noble tradition of bending."

"Come on, Tenzin." Korra exclaims. "I've dreamed about seeing a pro bending match since I was a kid, and now I'm just a ferry ride away from the arena."

Dads tone gets stern. "Korra, you're not here to watch that drivel. You're here to finish your Avatar training. So for the time being, I want you to remain on the island."

I slowly get up. "Well, I'm going to head out."

"And where do you think you're going?" Dad questions me.

"I'm going to go bother my siblings." I answer sticking my nose up in the air and walking away.

As I walk out the room, I hear my siblings fighting outside. I peer through the paifang to see them arguing at the airbending training area.

"Hey, losers, what's going on?" I ask approaching them.

"Just Ikki and Meelo arguing about who is going to be the one who gets you to participate in training with us." Jinora calmly says.

I raise an eyebrow. "But you just told me?"

"So they didn't have to." She perks.

Ikki's eyes glare to the side of me. "Korra's gonna airbend!" She cheers as Korra and dad walk from behind me.

"Yeah, I'm out."

My father firmly grabs my shoulders. "Oh no, you're not." He then motioned to Jinora.

"This is what you're going to wear for the rest of the day." Jinora said flashing an air nomad outfit in front of me.

My eyes almost bulge out. "Dad, you know I hate the colors orange and yellow."

"Oh, stop your treacherous whining and try on the outfit."

I pout my lips. "Fine." I ran up into my room and dress into the outfit.

I study myself through the mirror. I don't look to shabby.

Once I arrive, Jinora is already demonstrating the spinning gates to Korra.

Ikki gushes as she notices me, "Wow! You look beautiful, Fara."

I do a little twirl. "You think?"

Dads eyes begin to tear up.

"Dad, are you okay?"

"Here we go again." Ikki sighs.

"My little girl is growing up."

Meelo snorted. "She is not little."

Jinora had easily gone through the gates.

I blew a gust of wind, increasing the speed for Korra.

"Let's do this." She says running into the gates and ramming into every single one of them.

My father and I both wince as Korra is being knocked around.