Quietly screaming inside

Earlier

Y/n pov:

I looked at Kazuha and he looked at me back. After a few moments of staring I could tell in his eyes that he knew I was aware of what really happened.

"I'm sorry" he said simply. His face showed guilt and I felt disappointed in him.

He didn't plan on telling me the truth.

"You planned to hide it all along?" I asked.

He didn't answer.

I turned my back to him and hid my disappointment and the feeling of betrayal.

"You were going to let me feel guilty about it this whole time?" I asked.

He still didn't answer.

I clenched my jaw. "How could you lie like that?! I thought I did something horrible! You made me feel incredibly guilty over something I didn't do!" I yelled.

He still didn't answer and it made me mad.

"Say something damn it!!" I yelled.

I turned around in anger and didn't bother hiding my expression anymore.

My heart sunk and my eyes widened as I saw him.
He laid unconscious on the ground with a huge gash in his head.

"Kazuha?..." I said in a low voice.

Out of reflex I looked around.
I drew my katana and readied my mask.

"WHO DARES?!" I yelled. Any person could tell I was angry by my voice or expression.

I looked around some more, trying to find the person who managed to knock Kazuha's lights out without me noticing.

My ears perked up and the hairs on my tail rose when I heard the sound of bells.

My body did a battle stance and I was ready to attack.
My ears searched around for the source of the bells.

But the sound of bells were everywhere. They were behind me in one moment, but when I turned, they were somewhere else.

I kept going in circles around my self, if someone saw me now, they would think I was crazy.

"Show yourself coward, only people who are scared will hide!" I said, challenging the person.

"Hahahaha..." I heard.

I did a quick turn and swung my leg as I turned, and I managed to hit the person right in the head.

He grunted upon the impact, and his hat flew off his head.

He stumbled a little bit before finally standing straight again.

"You bitch..." he muttered.

It was the short man again, the one with the weird haircut.

"You." I said simply. I can't believe I didn't guess it was him.

"Damn... that kick felt personal you know..." he said.
He twisted his neck a little.

*crack*

I felt uncomfortable as I could hear the sound of his bones cracking.
I cringed at the sound.

"If you want something from me, you can attack me, not my friends." I said, clearly talking about Kazuha.

"Friend? After what I heard, you were just yelling at him and talking shit." The harbinger said.

"Still a friend. Mortals make mistakes. Just like you just did." I said, I clenched the handle on my katana tighter.