28 | birthday party

R E A D E R

R E A D E R

It was nine thirty; two hours since the beginning of Namjoon and Jungkook's 2-in-1 birthday party. There were more guests than I had expected; most of them knew the older brother. As I exited the bathroom after a quick pee, I heard the doorbell ring. The music was too loud for anyone to hear, so I walked to the entrance and opened the door myself.

Imagine my surprise when I saw Dayeun standing before me, all pampered and smiling. As I narrowed my eyes to slits, the stupid smirk across her face had vanished. She cleared her throat, pursing her lips as I took the chance to observe her further. Her dark brown hair were styled in a loose bun, strands of hair were falling on the sides of her face. She wore nothing but a tight dress which, for a second, made me self-conscious.

Alright Y/n, calm down, I told myself, you're in charge here.

As if I owned the place, I let my hands rest on both sides of the doorframe, tilting my head on the side as a sweet—and fake—smile crept up my face. The senior student sized me up, mouth dry and jaw clenched.

"Hi." she said through her teeth "Didn't know you'd be the one to open the door."

"Hey, didn't know you were invited." I clapped back

Taken aback by my answer, Dayeun scoffed. She quickly collected herself, bringing back her signature honeyed voice. She put her hands behind her back, seemingly relaxed. "Why didn't you bring Haneul?"

I could feel my face flush under her stupid questioning gaze. "How do you know?"

She shrugged. "Told you; we're friends. Haneul tells me everything." she said those last words with a hint of malice

Once again, I was interrupted and left unable to unlash my anger at the girl when a third person entered the conversation. Thank God, it wasn't Jungkook. In fact, it was none other than Solange. The sudden arrival of my fellow art club member seemed to bother Dayeun who asked if she could enter.

"No."

This time, Dayeun and I were surprised. Eyes wide open, I tried to communicate with Solene who wouldn't spare me a glance, too busy shooting daggers at the Senior student. Although I liked the idea of preventing her from entering Jungkook and Namjoon's house, we were in no position to do so.

I reluctantly stepped aside, forcing Solange to mimick my action a second later.

A victorious smile made its way to Dayeun's plump lips. "Thank you." she winked at the both of us, causing me to shiver in disgust "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a present for the birthday boy."

"There are two birthday boys, idiot." my friend spat, but the other girl had already left

❁ ✾ ❃ ❋