The Mark of Kings

You waited with your arms crossed on the train platform. You were heading to meet Brick at Foster's. He figured it was a good place to meet to discuss your new mark.

You weren't really sure why he chose Foster's, but you trusted him.

Though, you weren't alone in this trip.

Mitch: We'll be back in time for my date tonight, right? Robin will kill me if I miss another one.

Brat: Heh. I'd pay to see that.

Mitch agreed to go with you, but Brat insisted that she tag along. Not that she had anything else to do. She didn't really know anyone else. Courage was also present, but he was asleep in your backpack.

The train finally arrived and you all got on. It was time to learn what was going on.

Power Up!

You reached up and grabbed a hold of the hand bar. Mitch did the same. Brat looked up and went to reach for it, but she couldn't. She was too short.

You noticed this and came up with an idea. You reached up and grabbed the bar yourself, offering her your arm. She initially refused, but she finally reached up and held your bicep just so she wasn't stumbling.

She refused to look at you.
---------------
Mitch: So, this is Foster's. Interesting looking house.

Brat was impressed as well. Though, in her world, she was pretty sure Berserk burnt this place down. She decided to keep that to herself.

You lead the way into the house and up to Mac's room. Everyone pretty much know who you were so no one bothered you. A few of the kids even greeted you.

Though, it was as warm as ever.

You finally made it to Mac's room. You knocked on the door and waited for a response. Instead, the door opened to reveal Mac.

Mac: Hey, guys. Come on in. We've been waiting for you.

Mac opened the door in full to let you all in. You all entered the room and Mac closed the door. Brick was already there, leaning against the wall. He looked up when he heard you all enter.

You pulled your backpack off and set it down, allowing Courage to get out.

Brick: Have a good trip?

Y/N: A bit bumpy, but we made it.

Brick looked at Brat and raised a brow. Seeing someone who looked so much like Bubbles wearing that kind of clothes, it was a bit bizarre.

However, he turned his attention back to you. He then looked down at your hand and smiled.

Brick: Well, look at that. You got your mark.

You held up your hand. You then looked to Mac who was still present.

Brick: He knows.

You turned to him shocked.

Y/N: You told him?!

Brick smirked.

Brick: Told him? Y/N, he knows everything. You really didn't notice? You don't feel the air?

Was he talking about how warm it was? What did that have to do with anything?

Brick slowly raised his hand and flexed it. Suddenly, a red mark that looked like yours appeared. His eyes began to glow a bright red as the heat grew worst.

He clenched his fist and everything returned to normal.

Mitch: Uh, what the heck?

Y/N: You....you're a King?!