Not really a punishment

(Arlo)

Micah told me he was going to go and visit his family, saying it was time he told them about Landon. I could still see how unsure he was about wanting a mate or not, but I was glad that he was at least trying, even though it took almost rejecting Landon to figure it out.

I was still mad at Landon. Yes, I can hold a grudge for a long time if I must. But having mates is something that shouldn't be joked about. I ran towards my parents' room, knocking on the door nonstop until dad answered it. At least he was dressed. That's good to see.

“What's wrong, pup?” Dad asked as he ushered me inside while I was looking around to make sure Jacob wasn't there. I still remember his promise of punishing me, so I was trying my best to escape it for now, at least.

“ Oh, nothing really. I haven't seen you and mom, so I just wanted to see if you were ok.” He nodded his head and smiled at me, then gestured for me to follow him.

“It's good that your brothers are back. Your mother and I saw them last night before they went to bed.” He called for my mother, who ran up to me and pulled me in for a hug.

“Are you ok, baby?” She asked, and I nodded my head as she took my hand and led me towards the sofa.

“Yeah, I'm peachy.” Dad left to answer the door after he mind link one of the omegas to bring something up for us to eat. Even though I told him I wasn't hungry, he wasn't going to take no for an answer.

“Is Jacob treating you alright, darling? Cause if he's not, then you should let me know. I'll get your brothers to take you away from here.” I shook my head and sighed because we had been down this road before, and I didn't want to leave.

'Arlo, where the hell are you?' Jacob's voice boomed in my head, making me flinch a little, which didn't go unnoticed by my mother, who had a worried look on her face. I blocked him because I can't deal with him right now.

“He's treating me good mom, well great, actually. Even though I might have gotten myself into trouble with him, he's being wonderful to me.” Dad walked in with jasper and another omega who lives here.

He was carrying two trays in his hands and handed one to me, while he handed mom the other one, and dad sat down with his own next to mom.

“What sort of trouble is that?” He asked as he started eating.

“Well, he and the others went hunting and left Micah and me, and to be honest, we were both in bed for too long and needed to stretch our legs, but we sort of, um, maybe followed them.” Mom's eyes became wide as dad's mouth fell open from shock. Gosh, these two were made for each other, so dramatic.

“Y-you went to the hunting ground where you could get hurt?” Dad asked while shaking his head in disappointment, and mom looked close to tears.

“I only wanted to watch them. Nothing was going to happen to me!” I tried to defend myself, but they weren't listening. I haven't told them about the gifts as yet, I wanted to get an ok from Jacob first before telling them.

“And how did you escape the guards?” Dad asked, and I smirked at him.

“Not my fault they were tired. They fell asleep at their post, and Micah and I snuck out before they could catch us.” Dad had a guilty look on his face, and mom looked down while munching on her food.

“Yeah, I admit that we made them work too much, but they have to. They must go on patrol to make sure everything is alright and to train. That's why we are seeking extra protection from Jacob because it's too hard on our warriors here.” I nodded my head, finally getting why we needed protection.

I took up my turkey sandwich and started eating it, it was delicious, of course. After spending some more time with them, I left, so I could go and face Jacob once and for all to show him that I wasn't a coward. He told me that he was waiting for me in his room, so that's where I'm heading right now. I don't know what his punishment is, I hope he would be lenient with me, though. Once I got there, I opened the door, and he dragged me inside, I started struggling to get away from him, but it was proven futile.

“You know I should be spoiling you, giving you everything that you need just to make sure you're ok, but you're just making it so damn hard for me.” He replied, and I glared at him. I'm like a small puppy, a Pomeranian, or a shih tzu constantly trying to act tough, but in reality, I'm a wimp.

“If you or my family would let me go back to school or give me something useful to do, then I wouldn't have to act like this.” I said, and he looked at me with sympathy.

“Is that what this is about? Love, I promise you'll be able to go back to school soon. It's just that we still haven't come up with how we are going to leave without your family interfering.” He replied, and I shook my head and sighed.

“Then why don't you suggest to them that they could pack up and move, so they can be close to me? Or better yet, you move here with your pack. Our land is huge, so it won't be a problem, so that would solve the issue here.” He looked like he was contemplating it, which I pray to the goddess he was.

“That's a smart idea, if only I could get your family to agree. But what about us being alphas, uh? We can't all be alphas for one pack, so that's going to cause numerous problems.” I guess he was right, but what more could we do?

“Or maybe we could live as two separate packs on the same land, and everyone gets to keep their titles. I'm only recommending something here. I'm not sure if it will work, but you need to talk to them and figure something out, or I'm only going to continue being rebellious.” He agreed with me and started advancing on me while I was backing away from him.

“You want to know about your punishment?” He asked, and I nodded my head as he started sniffing my neck.

“You are to please me, and in return, you'll get nothing. Even as you beg for release, I won't ever cave in.” I shuddered as he started kissing my neck, getting me close to begging him to take me. Oh well, if that's the punishment, who am I to turn it down?