Chapter 39

AUTHOR'S POV

Yoongi drove, while she sat in the passenger seat. She was obviously flustered sitting beside her stan, but a deeper confusion lingered in her being.

If Hoseok was alright, why didn't he come?

She had a ruminative expression on and after many rounds of debates against herself, she decided to ask it.

"Um, Hoseok is alright for sure?" She asked.

"Yes," he replied briefly.

She bit her bottom lip, she wanted to hear more, she wanted to know that he is doing alright, she wanted to know exactly what he was doing but on the other hand, she didn't want to pester Yoongi anymore.

Her hands gripped the seatbelt and her gaze fixated at the buildings that passed by and as time passed, she didn't realise when she drifted to sleep owing to the exhaust.

Yoongi glanced at her once. Finding that she had slept, he decreased the volume of the music that was being played. He felt apologetic towards her but had no justification on Hoseok's part. He hadn't even had a conversation with him.

As they entered Gwangju, he parked the vehicle by the side, asking for the location from Taejoon, not disturbing her.

Finally, after a driving session of 3.5 hours, he parked in front of a medium-sized house.

Taejoon

Yoongi:
I am here

Taejoon:
Oh I am coming

Yoongi was waiting desperately for him to make his presence. He had seen him before once but, now he wanted to know all kinds of expressions his face would have made while they used to text.

Taejoon opened the door and Yoongi's jaw dropped. He wasn't a male model but he should have been. The lush, midnight black hair that was a casual jumble had a rippling quality. His eyebrows were a neat crescent which were knitted in frustration.

The aquiline nose he sported complemented his prominent cheekbones. Handsome in an understated way, his basalt jaw and Spartan shoulders spoke of strength. He possessed a latent, leonine power and walked with purpose and authority. Much expected from a lawyer.

It was early morning and the sky was already in the lighter shades of blue.

Taejoon opened the door to the passenger seat to witness her still sleeping.

He shook her a little, "hey pig, get up!"

Her eyes squinted and they laid on her best friend. It took her a moment to realise where she was and as all memories were recollected by her bashful brain, tears brimmed her eyes. She was quick in motions to unbuckle her seat belt and get off the vehicle to hug him, tightly.

Yoongi too got out, looking from over his car.

She cried, letting the seething avalanche of her tears soak through his shirt. He was taken aback, as this was not how she usually behaves.

Yoongi on the other side felt sad, he doesn't know why but he feels connected to her. As if he knows her, but couldn't really clear the hazy picture. But also, he felt a scrunching pain that was unreasonable when he saw Taejoon embracing her so delicately.

She sniffled, "I- I was so scared."

"It's okay, you're safe," he mumbled, loud enough for both of them to hear.

"I was scared something happened to him. I- I thought he... I..." She choked back a sob.

This was not what Yoongi was expecting. He expected him to be crying that Hoseok left her stranded in an alien city, or maybe that she had to fight a drunk man, or maybe that she had to go to the police station, or maybe that Taejoon couldn't come to get her out.

But, the words she chose made Yoongi assured of one thing to the least- she really loved Hoseok.

"Shh... It's okay, nothing happened to him. He is fine," Taejoon said, trying to provide her with a little solace.

"And you know what? You look really ugly crying. Have you seen a pig crying? I haven't but I am sure it's how it looks," he mocked but didn't let go of the embrace, contradicting his words.

"You..." She sobbed, "you think you are any better?" She wailed, still crying but countering his insults to which both Taejoon and Yoongi laughed.

"I am better than you. I kinda have a chocolate pastry left, but, now that you think I am no better..."

"Best!" She looked at him with widened eyes, shining due to reflection by the tears, "You are the best." She let go of him to flash a thumbs up to him and then ran inside.

He smiled and then his gaze averted to smiling Yoongi. He measured his way up to him and conveyed a formal thanks to which Yoongi was appalled.

"It's okay," he said gravely.

"You should say you're welcome," he hissed. His beautiful brown eyes snapped into Yoongi's. And for a second he thought, how, how can brown eyes be this appealing?

"What are you looking at?" Yoongi furrowed his brows.

"You have beautiful eyes buddy," he complimented.

Yoongi's wasn't expecting a sudden compliment. His heart raced in silent terror, sending warm blood to his pale face and he feared that he looked like an unsophisticated fool. In his blush was the poem of his gentle soul. The emotions he always tucks in and that were not unnoticed by Taejoon.

"Are you blushing?" Taejoon cooed.

"What makes you think so?" He grimly responded.

"Your face!"

"Fuck off, I need to go!"

"What? No. You can't go back like this! You came all the way here, you need to stay. And that's not at all good if you drive for such a long time."

"Did you realise how much you guys pester me?"

Taejoon's head slightly dropped and the realisation struck him hard. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I was just saying it like that. I didn't really mean it," he panicked on witnessing the effects of his words on the younger.

"Ahh!" He exclaimed, reeling his head back and eyes closed in absolute awe.

"You're so cute, I can't," he dramatically gasped earning a slight giggle from him.

"Oh by the way your car is great!"

"Thanks."

"Can I see the keys, please? For once. I am really enthusiastic about cars," he flashed puppy eyes to which Yoongi had to surrender.

"Ya um sure," he said as he handed him the car keys. But instead of going inside the car, he actually rushed towards his apartment. Yoongi was flabbergasted at the precipitous motion, till the younger turned back once on the gate to his apartment.

"How will you go now Mr Stubborn?" He clicked a tongue, showing off the car keys as if they were a medal earned.

"Hey! Give it back," Yoongi grunted as he followed his steps into his house.