☆Sixteen☆

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"There's my third favourite girl," Tony said as Harley walked into the room, "Take a seat. The others will be here soon,"

Harley nodded and sat down on the chair, bringing her knees up to her chest. She wrapped her arms around her legs and rested her chin on her knees.

"Harley, is everything ok?" Tony asked, full of concern, "You aren't your usual bright self. Has something happened?"

Harley nodded, "It's nothing to worry about. I'll be ok,"

"You can talk to me, you know," Tony said, sitting down next to her, "You're like a daughter to me. Anything you need, I will help you. Ok?"

"Thank you, Tony," She smiled softly, "I just have a few things to think about,"

"Alright. You know I'm here if you need me,"

Bucky folded his arms, "Why did you call a meeting anyway?"

"You'll find out when everyone else shows up," Tony said.

Just on cue, everyone swarmed into the room complaining about the sudden meeting. Then they spotted Harley.

"Hey!" Nat said, "Ok, you've been crying. What happened?"

"Crying?" Loki said, "Is everything ok?"

"Did Levi do anything again?" Steve asked, "I'm sure we can scare him away,"

Harley shook her head, "No. It isn't him for once. I'm ok,"

"But you have been crying," Sam said sitting on the chair next to her, "Wanna talk about it?"

"Not really, Sammy," Harley said quietly.

Sam nodded and squeezed her shoulder, "No worries,"

"Now we have everyone here," Tony said clapping his hands once, "I've decided to bring someone new into the team. It has been a long time coming but I know they will be a great addition to the team,"

"Who?" Clint asked.

"You'll find out," Tony smiled, "They also won't be on the frontline like us. More behind the scenes. Intel, research and comms. Perfect for the job so I want you to welcome Harley Parker to the team,"

Harley's heart dropped into her stomach, "What?"

Everyone cheered for her and she felt her stomach roll.

"I can't do that," Harley said, putting her feet on the floor, "I don't want to do it,"

"Harley, you are the best person I know to do it. You've helped me occasionally and you are better than everyone on this team when it comes to research and intel. You were the one who found Bucky and-"

"Hold up. That was you?" Bucky asked, "Why didn't I know about this?"

"I didn't know who I was looking for nor did I care," Harley said, "I didn't have your face or I didn't know anything about you. They gave me the name Winter Soldier and I tracked them down. I didn't give a shit about what you did or why you needed help. Sorry, no offence,"

"None taken,"

"I helped you because you were desperate," Harley said standing up, "But I won't be joining the team. I'm sorry,"

"Harley," Tony said, "I need you. We need you. I won't have anyone else,"

"Then you better start looking," She said quietly and headed towards the door.

"Do you want to work for your ex-boyfriend for the rest of your life?" Tony called and she stopped walking, "Do you want to see the face of the bastard who broke your heart or do you want to do something with your life?"

Harley turned around, her icy glare narrowed on Tony, "I apologise if my life is boring to you and isn't filled with gunfights and fucking aliens. But I'm happy the way I am. I don't need anything else to complicate everything right now. Thanks for the offer, but no. Fuck you,"

"Harley, please,"

"I said no!" Harley yelled, "I won't repeat myself. I'm done. I don't want anything to do with the Avengers. I'm sorry guys. I...I'm leaving,"

"Harley, wait," Sam said chasing after her. He grabbed her hand and turned her to face him, "I want to know what is going on and don't lie to me. I know there is something wrong. Talk to me,"

Harley wiped her tears away and saw everyone step out of the room to look at her. Panic began to set in when she looked at Loki and Steve.

"I can't breathe," She choked out.

"Ok, let's go," Sam said, quickly and led her away from watchful eyes, "Take a deep breath, Harley. Come on. Don't tense up. We are getting out of here. I've got you,"

Harley grabbed her chest as her lungs tightened and she felt dizzy.

"Shit," Sam cursed as she dropped to her knees. He held her close and tried to help her through her panic attack, "Harley. Look at me. That's it. Remember where we are and who you are with. Focus on my face. That's it. Good girl. Breathe deeply and let it out slowly,"

"I-I fucked u-up. I'm a fuck up!"

"You aren't a fuck up," Sam said, holding her face, "Look at me, Harley. You aren't a fuck up. Just try to ground yourself. I'm here. You don't need to worry. I'm not going to leave you. I never will. Ok? Good. Now, are you ok to stand up by yourself?"

Harley shook her head and her bottom lip trembled, "Sammy, I don't know what to do,"

"Talk to me. What happened?"

Harley closed her eyes, "I...I'm pregnant,"

"I'm sorry. You're what?"

"Pregnant," She whispered, "And the worst part is, I don't know if Loki or Steve is the dad,"

"Oh, that's how it is?" Sam said, "I wasn't expecting that,"

"I don't know what to do. How am I supposed to tell them?" Harley said, "They know I'm sleeping with them both but fuck. I feel like a whore!"

"You aren't a whore. You're single and you can fuck whoever you want,"

"But I got pregnant," Harley rubbed her face, "How do I tell them?"

"You got me on that one," Sam sighed, "Come on. Get up. We can't talk about this on the floor,"

Sam helped Harley to her feet and put his arm around her shoulder, leading her towards another room. He made her sit on the sofa and he sat opposite her, leaning forward on his knees.

"You have no idea who it could be?"

"No,"

"When was your last period? The days you slept with them and-"

"Sam, I am not talking about my period and when I slept with them,"

Sam smirked, "A few times then,"

"You could say that," Harley muttered, "I let them sweep me off my feet with their stupid good looks and charms. Not to mention the sex. It's the best sex I've ever had,"

"Hey," Sam said.

"In years. Sam, you know you're good in bed,"

"And I'd like to hear it more often," Sam said, "Figure out how far along you are and-"

"The night of Peter's party," Harley said, "I fucked them both,"

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────