24: Sticking to the Plan

Dearest Readers,

HELLO THERE IT'S BEEN A HOT SECOND! I know, I know, it's been months since I last updated. But hopefully that won't happen again. So, without further adieu, this one is for you! Let me know what you think :)

XOXO Ally Layne.

---

"The plan is simple. Persie, Sam, and Dean will go in first. They are the ones that Gordon will expect, and that is what we will give him."

Dean, armed with a gun, went in first. He refused to let Sam or Persie take the first step in the building, much to Persie's annoyance. He is one of the most annoyingly overprotective men she had ever met, that's for sure.

Persie made sure to go in behind Sam, armed with Riptide at the ready. Annabeth made sure that she knew Sam would be the one that would need protecting, and Persie had noted that her friend seemed to be a little wary of letting him go in the first wave.

"Persie, you need to make sure to hold Sam's six. He's going to be the one that Gordon will be going after, considering the asshat thinks he's the next antichrist or something. Dean, your job is to ensure both you and the girl get out as safely and stealthily as possible."

Dean's eyebrows furrowed. "What about Sam?"

Annabeth smiled knowingly at the older man. "Persie will watch his six. She will ensure that they get out safely."

She smartly didn't try to bother Annabeth about what her worry might be insinuating, but it was completely obvious that her friend was starting to catch feelings for the younger Winchester. At least she wasn't falling for Dean, that would be a bit weird.

But to be honest, Persie is well aware Dean is not Annabeth's type. Annabeth has always had a thing for smart, well put together men that are willing to have conversations about feelings and talk about the world and the environment... which wasn't exactly the gruff, broody older Winchester.

Persie followed Sam in the building, carefully watching their sides and monitoring any movement coming from behind her. She wouldn't put it past Gordon to try and attack their backs. She didn't think he was really the noble kind of guy anyway.

It looked like this place was some weird storage facility that held a lot of different things on shelves- she couldn't make out what anything was. They looked like pieces of equipment that she had never quite seen before. There were a few lights on, which was a good sign, but it was the dark places and the shadows that they were going to need to watch out for.

All of the sudden, a muffled sob sounded out from their left, making Dean pause and turn toward that direction to which Sam and Persie followed suit.

And there, bound and gagged while tied to a pipe, was the young girl who had gone missing. Sam ran over to kneel down at her front as Dean took out a pocket knife to slice through the restraints. Persie took watch, knowing this would be the perfect time for Gordon to make himself known.

"Hey, hey, we got you. Don't worry, we're going to get you out of here," Sam reassured the weeping girl. He took off the gag with a delicate touch, knowing that Gordon must not have been too kind to her. "You're safe now."

Once she was free, Sam and Dean took both of her arms and hauled her to her feet. "Watch her head," Persie warned them, and Sam placed a hand above her head to keep it from getting hit from any of the pipes.

Once her legs gave out, Dean immediately took control and wrapped her arm around his neck and hauled her into his arms. Persie immediately did a quick sweep of their surroundings. Now would be the time that something would happen.