This isn't goodbye

It was a day after Sonic and Shadow killed the alpha. Tails did the same as last time and wiped everyone’s memories, so they couldn’t remember who the werewolves were. 

Sonic and Shadow told everyone what they were going to do about living in the forest, they became sad but they understood. So that night Sonic and Shadow were getting ready to leave. The packed their things before heading out. They walked out the mansion to see Tails, Knuckles and Amy standing in front of the forest. They were going to say their good byes. 

Knuckles was the first up, he high 5 them both and said, "good luck you two. Have fun out there." They both just smiled. 

Next was Amy. She hugged Shadow and said, "make sure Sonic doesn’t do anything reckless." "Heh you got it Amy" said Shadow with a smile.  

Then Sonic hugged Amy, she holed him really tied making it hard for Sonic to breath. But he managed to get free. "Please be careful Sonic" said Amy with a few tears. "I will Ames don’t worry" said Sonic before kissing the pink hedgehog's head making Amy blush hard.  

Then finally it was Tails. Tails high 5 Shadow and said, "see you later Shadow." The black hedgehog nodded. It then finally came down to Sonic and Tails. Sonic noticed Tails was crying a bit. "Hey Tails, just smile that’s all I need. I’ll always be with you and the others. This isn’t goodbye, not by a long shot." Tails smiled and wiped away the remaining tears. He then hugged Sonic and then let him go. 

Sonic and Shadow then ran into the forest until they couldn’t be seen. "See you later big brother" Tails whispered. A few seconds later they heard howls like Sonic and Shadow had heard them, and they all joined in. This made Tails really happy because it felt like Sonic was right next to him. "Goodbye Sonic, we will meet again… someday." 

The End