Chapter 23

Tae noticed the difference in Madison right when he saw her. She didn't seem sad and out of it anymore, she seemed really pissed off and much more focused. Too bad she didn't have this attitude earlier when she was talking with Kora. Tae had no doubt Madison could have given Kora a run for her money with her current attitude.

Both Tae and Maddy were surprised to see Jimin at the car. "Don't you have detention?" Tae asked.

Jimin shook his head. "The supervisor is sick today and they couldn't get anyone to cover, so they just said for us all to come back tomorrow." He glanced at Madison, saw her attitude had changed, then turned to Tae, "What's up with her?" Tae gave a slight shrug in response.

Maddy arched an eyebrow at Jimin for his comment then gave him a 'don't mess with me' look. There was a fire shining in her eyes that had not been there earlier. Jimin was interested to watch how this played out. He put his hands up in surrender and gave her an innocent look. Maddy just shook her head and rolled her eyes. She was ready for a fight but it wasn't Jimin she planned to battle.

When they reached the house, Maddy jumped out of the car and ran up the stairs to the front door and went through without knocking. She took her shoes off and dropped her backpack by the door. Then she marched down the hall to Jungkook's room and pounded on the door. "Open up, I'm here to talk!"

Tae disappeared somewhere into the house, but Jimin came down the hall and leaned against the wall and crossed his arms in front of his chest, appearing to get comfortable. Maddy glared at him. He smiled back at her, "Oh, I'm watching, Princess. I'd make popcorn, if I had time, but it looks like the show is starting right away."

Maddy shook her head and decided to ignore him. She pounded again, "Jungkook, you know I will get my way in the end, you may as well open this door now." 

Maddy didn't see Jin peek out of the kitchen or Hobi peek out of his bedroom at the noise she was making in the hall. After the weekend Jungkook had, they were both supportive of an intervention. If Madison was willing to give it, they were going to let it happen.

Maddy tried the door knob. It was locked. "Are you seriously going to keep ignoring me?!" She tried to calm down her voice and talk rationally. "Jungkook, I just want to talk. It is the mature way for us to deal with this." After waiting a second and not getting a response she was back to screaming. "Arghh! You are being a complete baby! Remember that baby you held in the restaurant? That is you right now! Grow up!"

Her baby comment must have hit a nerve, because Jungkook responded this time. She could hear him yelling from inside his bedroom. "Maddy, I told you I didn't want to talk today. You are the one being a baby, by still coming over. Go home. I have nothing to say." He texted Jimin and Tae and simply wrote 'Take her home.' Tae, enjoying a snack in the kitchen, ignored the text. Jimin considered trying to get Maddy to leave for his little brother's sake, but with her eyes still ablaze, he was pretty sure it would be a big battle.

Maddy now pounded on the door a little louder with the side of her fist. "You have nothing to say?! After ignoring me all weekend?! Well I have plenty to say, so open this door before I break it down!"

"You can't break the door down Maddy, that would be vandalism." Jungkook called. "And Jin doesn't let us damage things here at the house. I'm putting on my noise canceling head phones now, so I won't be able to hear you anymore! Bye Maddy, have a nice night."

Maddy was livid. She turned to Jimin. "How do I get past this door? There has to be a way to unlock it from the outside. I really don't want to break it down but I need to get in there." Jimin briefly considered helping Maddy, but he was loyal, he knew he needed to support his brother above all.