Call

Dedicated to Voidwatcher0907
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A streak of blue lightning crashed upon the earth before Cereys Erwood; the impact blinding all and causing the hair on the back of her neck to stand. She knew this sensation and welcomed it as the figure of her Servant clad in blue took form. His crimson spear at the ready, though it was doing over his shoulders. However upon turning on his heels to check on the wellbeing of his Master; Lancer's heart sank. And a blinding rage filled him. His Master. His brave and foolish Master, stood in the chilling air. Her once flawless figure now marred with purple blotches and streaks of blood. Cereys opened her mouth, speaking to her devoted Servant. But he heard nothing. For all he saw was his sweet and smiling Master; bloodied. Marred by the horrible truth of battle. And it sickened him.

It had appeared Lancer had already failed. Knowing that if he had remained by her side; this battle with Rider would have ended long ago. She would not have been touched, Lancer would have ensured it so. And yet he had slipped. His beloved Master whom had embraced him. Whom he had held in his arms so long ago. Whispering tender words to. She had been harmed. And Lancer would not forgive anyone who would dare lay a finger on her. Gritting his teeth Lancer's once proud and tall stance became hunched. His breathing became labored as the Heroic Spirit hissed towards his enemies. His voice that of man and beast. One that should have sent chills down Cereys's spine. But it didn't. Instead she remained glued in place, the young woman amazed at the sight of her Servant. "How dare you touch my Master. Now you'll have to deal with me." "I care to say that you—" Rider began, however she was cut off in mid sentence by the impressive speed of Lancer.

The servant clad in blue closed the distance between the two in the blink of an eye; striking Rider in the stomach with his left knee. A horrid cracking noise echoed about the area. While Rider herself was sent upwards; while in the same move. Lancer twirled how weapon in his grasp before stabbing Rider through the chest. The female Servant gasped in pain, crimson falling from her lips and wound. Visibly trembling the Servant dared to lay her hands upon Lancer's weapon only to earn a painful burning sensation in her hands. Rider released a strangled cry as Lancer slowly pushed his weapon deeper into her person. Causing the tip of his spear to protrude through Rider's body. Mere inches from the groveling Shinji who screamed for Rider to fight back. To protect him.

"One wrong move and your finished."Lancer whispered to the struggling Rider who growled at her opponent. "You hurt my Master and that isn't something I take lightly." Lancer continued before twisting his spear in the gaping wound of Rider. Causing the Servant to thrash about violently as blood poured below her. "Your done."Lancer hissed only to feel the small yet warm hand on his back. This touch alone broke the haze upon Lancer, who turned his head to see his Master. Cereys. Standing by his side though her eyes, ones that reflected the seas of his country. Those beautiful eyes were filled with concern for him. Before Lancer could wrap his head around the sight; Cereys placed her hands upon the very hand which wield the spear.

Even in her weakened state, Cereys held Lancer's hand with her own. Before uttering a phrase that sparked not only the will to fight within Lancer. But the sensation he has longed for the moment his eyes found hers once more. Compassion. For him  "It's alright Lancer; I'm right here. So please—" Cereys began, her hands moving to cup the handsome face belonging to her servant. A man who saw no other. Only her. "Don't make rash decisions on your own. We're a team remember?" Cereys flashed Lancer a warm yet reassuring smile that sent Lancer's heart aflutter. She was right. His wise and lovely Master was always right. There were a team; perhaps that was where things had gone wrong before. Was that the reason for her previous death?

Had Lancer's desire to protect his Master been where he had failed her? It was true; once before Lancer declared himself both Cereys's sword and shield. He would be the one to battle; where she would remain elsewhere. Safe. And yet she would always find danger; striving to be at his side. Was his decision before wrong? Should Lancer had not only treated his Cereys as his lover but ally in battle as well? Lancer's ruby eyes were drawn into the deep pools which soothed him always. She held him there in her calm gaze, causing Lancer to loosen his grip on his spear. He released a held in sigh before commenting. "My, you do have a way with words don't you? My Master?" His smugness swiftly returning to him. Also bringing with it a genuine smile from his beloved Master. One that shine brilliantly even in the darkness of the night.

"Well I have to keep up with the likes of you after all." Lancer welcomed Cereys's words with laughter before violently freeing his lance from Rider's body. The Servant yelped in agony, crimson following the weapon before Cereys felt herself being swept into the strong arms of Lancer. She found herself clinging to his form; nuzzling her face into his chest. Inhaling his aroma which she found herself enjoying. In a mere 4 seconds Lancer traveled a great distance with his Master in tow. The blue servant lowering his Master, before extending his weapon out before him. While his free hand securely wrapped around Cereys's waist causing the usually calm Master to turn a vibrant crimson. Though she recovered her composure, ignoring the rapid beating of her heart.

She held firm, as Lancer released a low growl towards the trembling forms of Rider and Shinji Matou. "Rest easy my Master. You need to heal, I won't do anything further without your orders of course." Lancer informed Cereys who nodded knowing all too well how loyal the man who stood before her was. He was rational and she respected that. "We should retreat for now; but in two nights time we will return. And end you; Shinji Matou." Cereys spoke this clearly towards the seething Shinji who spat through his teeth. Turning on his heels to run from the scene all the while calling out for his crumpled servant to come to him. It was with the horrid snapping of bones that Rider began to retake her shape. The woman staring silently towards Cereys Erwood before heeding her master's call.

With that done Cereys's released a held in breath, fatigue striking the young woman like an arrow. Her legs buckled beneath her as Cereys fell forward in the arms of the awaiting Lancer. He sighed all the while shaking his head; as the Servant held his Master to his chest. Listening to her gentle heartbeat. She had pushed herself too far; just like always. Something's never changed. Lancer found himself gazing upon Cereys's gentle face; daringly drawing near her sleeping lips. "Rest for now; my  brave Master." He whispered into her ear, lulling Cereys into a well deserved slumber. For when she awoke an explanation and training would ensue. It was as Cereys stated. In two nights time they would battle with Rider once more. And this time they would win.