Chapter 2~

After he let us go, John and I went with the other servants to go bathe. We aren't allowed to have normal baths or showers, so we had to clean up with sponge baths.

All the servants were allowed to go upstairs to one of the attics and clean up. They only allowed us to bathe for very special occasions.

I sighed as the heated water consumed me, as I sat in the cold metal excuse for a bathtub. There were three separate attics and there was about fifty of us left...The rest were killed off by The Warner's. I spent the next two hours scrubbing all the dirt and filth all over my sickly thin body.

I carefully took tender care to my dreadlocks, and when I got out, I felt clean....I felt human. I cringed at he site of the dirty water, and cleaned it out. That's when I realized, I don't have any clothes to wear. I wrapped a towel around myself and grabbed another one for my hair, when John walked up to me.

He was holding some folded clothes in his arms and they were spotless. He handed them to me and said "Hugh wants us all to match, so he bought us all these." It was a pea green dress with white on it, pinkish tights, and some black boots....The second kindness that man has ever done for me.

"Hurry and get dressed, the party starts soon." I nodded and he walked away. I pulled on the outfit and the shoes, before rushing downstairs. I almost ran into Hugh, and stopped dead in my tracks.

He smirked and asked "In a hurry, slave?"

I nervously nodded and said "Y-Yes Master...I-I just wanted to know if you needed me to do something for you before the party started.."

He nodded and said "I like your eagerness..Perhaps I won't have to beat you tonight after all...Well you and the other servants will be walking around, asking our guests if they would like a drink...But for now, I'd like you to go upstairs to Oliva and Brian's rooms to make sure they're ready."

I nodded and said "Yes Master." And walked off to their rooms...When I got to Olivia's room, I knocked and waited. She threw the door open and looked at me with disgust.

"What the hell do you want?!"

I swallowed and said "Y-You're um..Your father wanted me t-to make sure you were ready."

She rolled her eyes and said "Of course I'm ready! Now go away!" She shoved me out of her way, and sashayed down the hall in her flowing red gown covered with black lace.

Stupid brat.

Well now that that's over with, all that's left is to make sure Prince Brian is ready...

I just hope he's not as bad as his sister.