Game on

Cove's POV
At first, I planned to not pack a bag. Why in the world would I do that? There is no reason for me to listen to him, and I don't want him to think that he'll get away with what he's doing.

However, after a 2 hour talk on the phone with River, we came up with a plan:

"Pack a bag just like he told you to do. Pack three outfits along with some jewelry. Make sure to put the diamond bracelet that I gave you for your birthday in it, it has a tracker connected to my phone. That way, I can check where he takes the bag."

It's a very smart plan. If this happened a few months ago, I might of felt uneasy at the fact that River has a tracker in my bracelet that I wear often. Now though, I understand that he's only doing it for my safety and would never abuse the power of knowing where I am at all times.

At the mention of a tracker, I was reminded of something on the checklist.

"River, Xander wrote that the address he was going to send the pictures was messaged to him. Is there any way you can track that message?"

"Yes, I believe we already found the platform that they all talk on. I can try to find out which chatroom has the address, good thinking baby."

After that, we hung up and both went to do what we needed. While River is trying to track down the message, I'll pack my bag.

Crouching down to reach the bottom drawer of my dresser, I pulled out a pair of leggings. Im going to make sure the outfits are what I normal wear so he won't be suspicious.

10 minutes later, I had 3 outfits laying on my bed. The first is a pair of black leggings and a yellow t-shirt. The second is pink jeans and a white shirt. The last is a dark blue sweater with purple sweats.

My mom suddenly walked into the room. "Cove I have to- oh what's all this?"

Oh no.

"Oh I'm just looking through my clothes to see if I should donate anything," I quickly lied.

"Oh alright, just make sure not to get rid of the pink jeans. I love how those look on you."

"I won't mom, don't worry."

With a nod, she smiled and left my room. That was close.

I quickly shoved all of the clothes into a tan tote bag, then grabbed a smaller bag and filled it with jewelry that I wouldn't mind loosing if I never got the bag back.

After shoving the diamond bracelet into the bottom of the bag, I zipped the jewelry bag up and put it in the tote bag. I'll put the bag outside my door after my parents go to sleep.

Time seemed to pass by extremely slowly as I laid on my bed, waiting for the house to go quiet. It seems like my parents decided to stay up tonight and watch tv.

Finally, at around 11pm the lights were turned off and I heard my parent's door close. Quickly, I got out of bed and put the bag in front of my door.

It makes me feel weird to know that somehow someone is going to come take this bag. I know that someone is going to break into my house tonight, yet I'm doing absolutely nothing to stop it.

Laying back in bed, I planned on staying awake all night. I need to be conscious in case something doesn't go as planned. But as time passed and the clock turned to 2 am, I couldn't help but close my heavy eyes.

It's okay, I'll make sure to stay awake. I just need to close them for a few minutes.

However, I started to feel myself sink deeper and deeper into a relaxed state and the sound of SpongeBob playing from my tv seemed farther and farther away.