Bonus Chapter - One of Three

Beverly was woken up by the feel of something tickling her nose. Grimacing, she tried in vain to move away from the nuisance, only to find she was trapped by a heavy arm slung over her waist.

"Griff," she slurred drowsily, "get'r hair outta m'face."

There was a husky chuckle from above her. "How do you know it's mine, Beverly?"

She huffed. "Always goin' t'bed with r'hair down." She typically tied her dirty blonde tresses back in a braid at night, but Griffin always told her he liked the feel of having his own shaggy locks hanging loosely, as opposed to being tied back in any way.

"'Cause you won't braid it for me," he teased, his words ending in a yawn. He cleared his throat, and when he spoke again there was far less sleep in his voice. "We've got to get up and get ready."

"No."

He laughed outright this time, and Beverly cracked a grin, blinking open bleary eyes to find him propped up on a single elbow as he looked down at her adoringly. "I love you." he told her with conviction, his features turning soft.

Beverly's smile widened. "Love you," she replied, puckering her lips comically. "Kiss me, please, you handsome hunk, you."

Griffin shook his head lightly at her antics but bent forward and pressed a kiss against her lips anyway. Pulling back, he traced his fingers lightly across her nose and down to her chin, rubbing his thumb across her lips. "You're gorgeous," he murmured. "I think you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life."

Cheeks immediately flooding with color, Beverly buried her face in her pillow and mumbled, "Thanks, Griff."

He blew out a sigh, and she peeked up to find his body further away and twisted as he checked the clock on the bedside table. "What time do you want to leave?"

Groaning dramatically, Beverly rolled towards him, stopping only when she slammed into his side. "Depends. What time is it?"

Griffin peered down at her with quirked lips and amused eyes. He'd told her recently that he found her most adorable in the mornings, and Beverly was glad to see that was true, since she found mornings to be a bit tough on occasion—especially during spring break, which had only just started. "Nine."

"Nine?" Beverly repeated, shocked. "Only nine? We don't have to leave till twelve, at the earliest."

Her boyfriend's brows furrowed thoughtfully as he moved his arms to cradle her against his chest, and Beverly's attention quickly shifted to the underside of his jaw and his attractive neck.

"Well," he started to say, but Beverly stopped listening, instead choosing to watch his Adam's apple bob as he swallowed. How the heck is it possible for someone to have an attractive neck of all things? Geez.

Mind suddenly lighting with an idea, Beverly took advantage of her position and pushed herself up, just enough to trail a path of gentle kisses from the underside of his jaw down to his clavicle.

Griffin, as she expected, shuddered, his words tripping over before stalling entirely. "Be—" he cut himself off with a gulp when she decided to nip at his skin. "Jesus Christ. Beverly, I told you—" she silenced him again, this time reaching up and connecting their lips. It started out as an innocent peck, but Griffin—having apparently recovered from Beverly's earlier actions—slanted his mouth over hers, taking control and turning the kiss into something far more passionate.

He moved over her, setting her flat on her back while he hovered above, keeping most of his weight off her by resting his elbows on either side of her head. Beverly squeaked when he tugged her lower lip into his mouth, his tongue warring with hers, one of his hands teasing its way down her side.