Love or Infatuation?

Magadha

The entire Magadha kingdom celebrated their 'Vijya Mahotsav' as well as Eklavya's marriage ceremony with great pomp. Now only the kingdom of Kashi, Koshol and Mahismati made an alliance, some other small kingdoms like Pukya, Shivpuri and some other villages also sent their ministers to offer their alliances and wanted to come under the wing of new Magadha. The day before the marriage ceremony King Aditya declared a new law where all the citizens were given equal rights and everyone would choose their desired profession. Some of the Brahmins tried to protest but Viswamitra and Parshuram called some of the renowned sages who were actually knowledgeable and non prejudiced teachers, unlike the sycophants who always interpret the Vedas to please the royals and deprived the poors. Karna declared that he would give the sages and teachers places to make gurukul for free and also they would be given allowances but there was only one condition that they should not do any discrimination among anyone. One who were willing and hard working would be given chances to attend the Gurukul. All expenses would be given from the royal treasury. During the marriage ceremony, entire Dwarka family came and they were very happy seeing Karna's determination to bring changes and his love towards his subjects. They openly supported Karna's decision regarding equal rights to basic education and equal laws for everyone. During the marriage ceremony sage Vedvyas himself came to give blessings to the newly wedded couple. So those who considered this inter-caste marriage as a sin were completely silenced. Sage Vedvyas infact requested Karna to donate him a piece of land where he wanted to made his ashram. Karna gladly obliged and requested him to develop a university there where scholars from all over Aryavart could come to take free education on which sage Vedvyas agreed. 

During the marriage ceremony Vasudev, father of Krishna on behalf of brides family did the Kanyadaan. Everyone showered them with gifts and blessings. The citizens also prepared some programs to entertain the guests. They arrange sangeet ceremony, then dances, dramas etc. Every guests were surprised to see the talents of Magadha citizens. The citizens till now were living in fear but now they were free from all kind of injustice and social discriminations. They had a just king who was not only a great warrior but a nobles and kindhearted man. Also Magadha court had a group of wise, brave, intelligent and honest ministers who could solve their al problems. After the marriage, Karna requested the Dwarka family especially Subhadra to stay in Magadha for few more days so that Dusshala could feel comfortable. Since the first day everyone noticed Dusshala's cold behavior towards Magadha and Eklavya and none blamed her for that. She was brought here as a war prisoner and forcefully married to a man whom she did not know. So she would need some time to adjust in her new life. After Karna's request king Vasudev ordered Krishna, Balram, Yamini, Subhadra and Revati to stay in Magadha for few more days.  

Three days later,

Today was a comparatively quite day when most of the guests departed to their own kingdom except the youngsters of Dwarka royal family. Subhadra who was Dusshala's friend from Kanyakul decided to talk to her. She knew under what circumstances she was forced to marry Eklavya. But felt sad at first and asked Balram about it. But Balram said, 'My dear, sometime royal politics do not follow the rules and have to do something which may not come under normal moral codes. But sister Karna as a king did what he have to do for his kingdom and his friend. Remember Subhi, Karna did not attack HP but they attacked his kingdom without any provocation. So he had to punish them otherwise in future other kingdoms of Aryavart will attack them. A king has to show his power sometimes and install fear in other kings' mind, otherwise his kingdom will face threat from others continuously. Whatever Karna did with HP, after that other kings will think twice before attacking Magadha.'

Subhadra, 'But Bhrata, Dusshala's life was ruined by this. What is her fault? And why did not Maharaj Karna himself marry her?'

Balram, 'Subhi, only time can tell whether her life get ruined or established. The HP family was planning to marry her off to Sindhuraj Jarasandh. I think everyone will agree that Eklavya was much better choice than him. And I know Aswatthama liked her, but it is all written  by fate. Noone can do anything.'