46. Love Triangle Begins

Sean was standing still in dismay.

Dr. Windsor grabbed his shoulder and shook him awake. "Are you alright?" He asked again.

Sean gulped and nodded his head nervously. He looked towards the door through which Saoirse had left. Suddenly, his face fell and his eyes widened in panic.

"She wasn't supposed to shift!" He whispered to himself before turning towards Nate and saying out loud, "Dr. Howard had strictly told her not to shift. She is too weak for that, Nate!"

Nate had first been anticipating Xavier's misery on seeing Ariana and Sean together with immense enthusiasm. However, he had never imagined that Xavier would lose control to the point that their Alpha Wolf would appear in front of them. A heartbroken Xavier was his desire. Not a vindictive Alpha King.

"Hadn't he said that he only wants her forgiveness? " Nate was thinking to himself when he heard Sean take fright.

Sean was right. Shifting would deplete the energy Ariana had been receiving from her wolf for her survival. They had been informed about it by Dr. Howard.

Before Nate could say or do something, he saw Kon run out of the Ball Room. One could correctly predict where he was headed.

Sean too was about to head out in search of Ariana when Mr. Windsor put a hand on his shoulder to stop him and gave a stern warning look. He then glanced at Nate, who shook his head as well. Defeated, he did nothing but stand there and see a woman run out the door, followed by four other people.

**~~~**

Three guards had gathered and were discussing whether to go after the white wolf they had seen some minutes ago limp past them towards the inner bailey or not. As they were talking to each other, they saw their Alpha Wolf coming towards them.

All three of them immediately bended their knees and lowered their head in respect while he dashed past them.

Meanwhile Xavier took back control and shifted into human form. While taking long strides towards his Ariana, he did not notice or acknowledge guards kneeling down for him left and right.

Following her scent, he reached the courtyard in front of the Imperial Wing. He felt his whole body swell in anxiety and heart rate increase as he saw his Saoirse laid on the ground motionless.

"Guards! Fetch a healer! This instant!"

He shouted the order while he rushed towards her and carried her in his arms. Without a second thought, he started walking towards the nearby Wing. Two guards opened the main door to the Wing without any question.

Xavier entered the Imperial Wing with Ariana in his arms.

Luna Barbara had followed him to the courtyard, wailing and sobbing for her daughter. And Alpha Edward, Anwar, Naomi and Persephone had followed Luna Barbara.

They were about to go inside as well when the guards, who had opened the main door, put their spears forward, blocking them.

"How dare you!" Alpha Edward roared.

The guard took a deep breath and replied, "Apologies, Alpha. But you might be aware which Wing this is."

"I am." answered Persephone as she wandered her eyes around the living room inside the Wing with longing . This was the rightful place to live in for the King and the Queen. Their private abode, out of everyone else's reach.

However, despite her request, emotional blackmail and every other attempt, Xavier had never decided to moved in. They had stayed in the Crown Prince's chamber only throughout their conjugal life.