"this is my baby."

Max sat in the break room with Jim, her legs on his laps while she ate yogurt

Max sat in the break room with Jim, her legs on his laps while she ate yogurt. The last few days, the where mighty slow in terms of pregnancy and her and Jim had grown closer with each passing second. 

"You know," Max said, opening her third yogurt cup, "I can't help but do the math and 2 plus 2 isn't equaling four."

"It's going to be a mess, Max and we got front row seats." He told her, rubbing her swollen ankles. A smile hasn't left his face since the he found about the baby, and he couldn't help but think that this was how it was supposed to be for them. This was his happy ending, his forever family.

**

"Okay, so, Jan is about to have a baby with a sperm donor. And Michael is preparing for the birth of a watermelon with Dwight." Jim said in the confessional with Max by his side, "now, this baby will be related to Michael through delusion."

"I'm just here for the vibe," Max told John, smiling and rubbing the baby.

**

"Do you really think Jan is gonna care about whatever Michael and Holly have goin' on?" Max asked Jim, scrolling through her email absent of mind. Jim was silent but his face said it all, "you right, of course she will."

"How do you do that?" he asked Max, smiling as he twirled his pencil. Her eyebrows furrowed at his question, her expression sending his heart into a tail spin, "how do you read me so well."

"Oh," she shrugged, "it's easy when you l—oh, my god!"

"What's wrong? Is it the baby?" Jim asked panicked, reaching toward her. She shook her head, her hand covering her mouth as she pointed to the door.

Tentability, Jim turned around, his eyes popping out of his head, "Jan?"

"Hi, Jim," she said, pushing a stroller, abruptly stopping when she saw Max's round belly, "congratulations, Max."

"I guess I could say the same to you," she mumbled, Jan having given birth already wasn't in the cards but damn it was gonna make it all the more interesting.

"What, uh, what do you have there?" Jim asked her, looking only at the stroller.

Jan smiled proudly, as though she was unaware of why both Max and Jim were looking at her with complete bewilderment, "this is my baby."

**

"I don't know why, but I didn't think this was a possible outcome and honestly, I'm here for it." Max said.

**

After Jan's official baby showered had started in the conference, Max quietly grabbed her.

"What are you doing?" Jim whispered after he'd come out of the conference room.

She motioned for him to come closer to her, "I figured that everyone would be to distracted with Jan and Astrid to notice my absence, so I'm leaving." She told him, her wide smile proof enough that she was proud of her plan, "wanna come?"