chapter 47

I get a text from Ryujin saying that she arrived safely and saying she has to drive almost two hours just to go home. I can't believe she bought plane tickets for me and my sister so we could visit there.

I decide to call her since she'll be driving. It rings a few times when she finally answers.

"Hello?" She says sounding unsure.

"How was your flight?" I ask.

"Not bad. The person next to me decided to take off his shoes during the flight so that was fun" she says.

"I'm sorry" I apologize to her.

"Huh?"

"I'm sorry for how things turned out before you left here. Im sorry for pushing you away and thinking about ending our relationship" I say quickly.

I hear her sigh and my heart starts hurting. Is she not gonna forgive me?

"What are you trying to say? I need you to be clear with me. Do you want to be with me or not?" She ask.

"I do. I want to be with you. I had lunch with Cain earlier and he helped me realize how much I love you. I'd be stupid to let you go. I'll work on myself. I'll be better for you" I say

"You had lunch with Cain?" She ask.

"Yes. Don't be upset. It was just a friendly lunch but it didn't end well so we won't even be friends anymore."

"Do you forgive me? I promise to be better for you" I say again.

"Yeji, you shouldn't try to be better for me. Try to be better for you. With your actions, you're not only hurting me but you're also hurting yourself. I care more about the second part. I forgive you but you can't keep running away when you start feeling scared. Talk to me or your sister. This relationship will become toxic fast if we don't talk to each other" she says seriously.

"I will. It's gonna take sometime so please be patient with me" I say quietly.

"I don't care if you push me away, I will keep coming back because I love you. What I can't deal with me is if we fight, are you gonna keep thinking about ending our relationship. I don't like that uncertainty."

"I won't run away. I won't think about ending us again. I love you and I miss you already" I say.

She chuckles, "I miss you too and I love you."

"Thank you for not yelling at me" I tell her.

"Huh? Why would I yell at you?" She ask and I can tell she's confuse.

"Because usually I get yelled at when I get emotional."

"Yeji. I'm not gonna yell at you for expressing how you feel. If I do that then you won't want to talk to me and that's the opposite of what were trying to accomplish. I promise you, I don't care if it takes our whole lives, I will always remind you of your worth. I will always remind you that your feelings are valid. I won't let anyone put you down ever again" when she said those words, I start to feel emotional again.

"I don't know what I ever did for you to love me but thank you" I cry a little.

"But thank you for the plane tickets so we can visit you. I cant wait to see you again" I say changing the topic.

"But when did you plan this?" I ask.

"When I was with your sister and you asked what we were talking about" she laughs.

"Thank you again" I say.

"I'm nervous though. Wouldn't I meet your family?" I ask.

"Yea but don't worry. My family is pretty welcoming. My mom already knows about you. My dad not so much. Him and I don't really talk a lot. He only talks to me if he needs help with something or wants me to do something for him. My grandpa, you might not meet. He's not very open with same sex relationships."

"How about your sisters?" I ask.

"My older sister is cool for the most part. Just annoying at times. My younger sister is just annoying" she laughs. I love hearing her laugh.

"I mean are they accepting of same sex relationships" I say.

"I hope so. My older sister has a wife and the younger says she supports us."

"How did your parents react when you told them you're gay" I ask curiously.

"My sister came out first. I didn't come out until after graduating high school. I remember when my sister came out though. It was winter and I was helping my dad at my grandpa's cutting wood when he got a phone call. I didn't think much of it so I just walked back home. Later that night, I was watching TV and coincidentally my school calls my parents. After the phone call, my dad goes in my room and said we had to talk using his serious voice and I thought oh boy I'm screwed" she laughs.

"They sit me down in the living and my dad goes 'Ryujin, we have something important to tell you' and deep inside I was dying. I'm thinking of everything I've done in school then my dad goes 'Your sister is gay'. I stared at them for so long and I'm like, 'okay? What's the the problem?' I think my dad was shocked because of how I reacted" she laughs again.

I laugh with her, "Why did you sound guilty because of the phone call from the school?" I ask.

"Because not long before that, I choked someone for bullying me" she says.

"You choked someone? I find that hard to believe" I say trying to imagine her being violent but it's hard.

"Yea. I was a very angry teenager. At this time, I haven't been taking antidepressants and I just hated everything. I was angry at everyone including myself for no reason so when this guy decided to pick on me I lost it" she explains.

"I love you" I say.

"Out of no where?" She chuckles.

"Just the more I learn about you, the more I love you. I find you admirable" I say.

"But you didn't answer my question about how you came out" I laugh at her.

"Because it's not as memorable for me like my sister's. I told my mom the same time I told her I was suffering from depression when we were in a parking lot. She cried, we hugged, we laughed and she bought me food" we laugh together.

Conversations with Ryujin just seems fun and relaxing for me. Listening to her stories just makes me feel closer to her.

"How about your dad?" I'm curious since she says they don't really talk much.

"I didn't tell him. My mom did and he never brought it up. He didn't seem to care when I introduced Lia though so I'm guessing he's cool with it. I just didn't tell him about you because he might not be as open because of LDR" she says to me.

"I understand. At least he still accepted you even if he didn't say it out loud" I say.

We continued to talk until she got home. Two hours went by fast. I miss her voice already. I lay in bed with Eva, missing Ryujin's warmth too. I can't wait to see her in person again.