!Angst to Fluff! Levi X Reader

"Don't Leave Me"

‼️WARNINGS‼️

•Season 1 Spoilers

•Mentions of Death

•Blood

________________________________

(Requested by: @_Storymaker_Fangirl_ )

Second Person POV

"You're hurting me!" You choke out through warm tears, trailing down your face as you stare at the one man who actually made you feel alive. Standing there in his office one evening, you can't begin to understand why now, all of a sudden, he no longer wants you. "Don't turn that blame on me, Y/n." His voice is irritated but he tries his best to keep his emotions together before they burst out of control. Sniffling as your red eyes continue to bore into the side of his face, not daring to look at your mess, you swallow a lump in your throat, taking a shaky breath afterwards. "T-Then why are you doing this to me?" You can't make your voice above a whisper but thankfully, he can still hear your distress.

"I never said I don't love you... I never fell out of love with you. Don't twist my words and say that I'm not." He sounds threatening but you ignore it, only seeing a good but hurt person behind those cool greys. "I-I love you, though... so why do this?" You sniffle again, holding back the urge to break down into a sobbing fit on his floor. The buildup is coming and you're aware of it, only using the last bit of self-control you have to maintain it. "I made the mistake of allowing myself to be vulnerable because I knew this would happen... the day where anything can change and I end up losing you when its out of my control. I'd rather it be my own choice... I don't want to lose you out there because I would hate myself until the day I die. I want you to be happy, Y/n... that's all this is." The raven tries to explain but none of it makes sense.

"I wish... w-we never met, Levi." The words slip past your tongue with ease. Caught off guard, the man before you slowly turns to face you, not expecting this. "What...?" He whispers with a confused look on his face. "T-That way we never had to go through this... it would be easier that way... right?" You think out loud. Sighing through his nose, Levi doesn't say a word, not even knowing how to respond to that in the first place. "This is t-oo easy for you so that already shows me your intentions." You hold your left arm, squeezing it when he doesn't look at you anymore. "G-Good luck out there, Captain." You mutter one last time, heading for the door to leave. Just as your palm rests on the handle, readying to turn it, the man behind you speaks up. "I wish we never met, cadet." His words float through your mind, more tears spilling from your eyes.

Biting your lip to hold back a cry, you quickly open the door and pull it shut behind you. Shuffling back to your dorm, you don't even make it ten feet before collapsing to the ground, a silent sob forcing its way out of your body. The man you loved for the past two years was ready to push you aside out of nowhere with hardly any attachment to it. It pains you more than you're showing, its almost killer. However, without the knowledge, you would never know that on the other side of that office door, he dropped his head in his hands the moment the door clicked shut. He felt stupid for sounding like an emotionless asshole, toying with your feelings. Hell, he already hated himself for doing it in the first place. He thought that letting you down now would be better in the long run than possibly losing you on the battlefield before he can get to you. Nothing scared him more than that.