74- What Sort of Fun?

What? No... no one came in and took that idiot; she has got to be here... Leven's frantic eyes could only lock onto the chair that he had watched her sit down in.

"Where is she is?!" Leopoldo yelled; his anger directed at everyone inside the tavern. The other patrons, the few there were, looked to him baffled.

Ivo stood behind a shellshocked Kazumi, trembling in his skin with wide pale greens looking in every corner of the establishment as if she would appear.

"We need to go after him," Kazumi obviously stated, trying to keep from letting loose all of his rages upon the entirety of Ekapan. This is my fault... if only my doubts had not clouded me, she would have been upstairs, with us, with me.

"Oh my, gods..." Amun breathed, his hand going up to his mouth as he saw his sister had disappeared. "HAROLD!"

Amun roared behind himself, back up the stairs where a man sat ashamed and afraid. Harold did not take long to totter down the stairs, knowing any wasted second would only work against him in the end.

By the time he reached the bottom of the staircase, his throat was seized in an ironclad grip, strong fingers wedging his life in his windpipe. Harold was lifted off the floor and pinned to the wall beside the stairwell, the painting next to him clattering to the ground. 

"Who the fuck took Alana?" Leven spat, evenly but so low it came out as a growl.

"I—" Harold wheezed, his turning a dark wide and eyes bulged.

Leven's hand only squeezed tighter; anger blinded him in a chaotic rage.

Before Leven could dispose of the bar owner's life his brother, Leopoldo clasped his wrist squeezing as hard as Leven.

"I hope you don't plan on killing the only person who saw anything." Leopoldo scolded his younger brother, using enough force that threatened to break Leven's wrist.

Amun was already doubled over, his hands gripping his knees as he hyperventilated. The pirates were used to high-stress situations, and though they were not handling the shock well, they were doing much better than the king. Amun's gut was churning more than it was in the intense interrogation with the most infamous pirate captain.

Leven cut his eyes from Harold to Leopoldo, huffing harshly out before releasing the man. Harold dropped to the ground with a hard thud, buckling over to his side. He coughed dribble onto his stumbled chin, veins popping in his reddened face slowly going back to his natural color. For a moment he thought he was safe as he sat up to collect himself, until a booted foot collided into his chest, pinning him to the wall once more and knocking the little wind he had out of him.

"Speak, quickly." Kazumi darkly spoke, his golden eyes glaring down at the man.

Those intimidating orbs alone were enough to scare the man, but the three other pairs behind those, glowering down at him, full of evil was enough to terrify him.

"What did he look like?" Leven snapped.

"Was he a rival?" Leopoldo insinuated perhaps other pirates were responsible.

"I—I don't know—" Harold's lips were quivering so harshly that he stammered on his words.

"Tell us what you do know!" Kazumi had yelled with rage for the first time in years. "Tell us everything."

Amun was still wheezing in the background, holding in vomit as the nerves raked through him.

"He—I—He was wearing a mask! I don't know, he knew the knock to get in, but I didn't recognize him. He walked right past me and to where the little miss was sitting. She seemed like she knew him but was worried... I don't know! They talked for only a minute, something about a troll maybe, and then he just threw her over his shoulder and left!" Harold was speaking so fast it was hard to keep up.