TEJAS

I was sitting in court with important ministers and advisors along with military chiefs. The nerves and terror in air was pliable apparently yesterday's news spreaded faster than forest fire. I ignored the continuous glares I am receiving from Chanchala focusing my attention on my attire. I opted for a green and yellow navari along with pearl necklace and diamond armlets. It is a special occasion. Finally after what it felt like years of waiting Sultan came along with Maharaj, delegates from Kabul and Maha Mantri. They were laughing on a joke Maharaj shared. There smiles looked infectious. The behaved as if they were long lost best friends as they sat in their respective places. Maharaj started introducing us.

"This my daughter Yurani Alekhya. You had already meet her yesterday." My father introduced me with pride in his voice which confused me whether he is being genuine or sarcastic. "Masha Allah. You are a beauty with brain Yurani. I hope God will grace me with a daughter like you. Maharaj Arun is surely lucky." He said praising me. My expression remained stotic only if he know the reality of the situation. Even without looking I know that Chanchala's face is looking like a roasted brinjal. It is surely hilarious. "You are flattering me Sultan. It's a previledge to meet you." I said bowing my head in sign of respect.

"You are a true diamond Yurani. I Sultan Rashid Sulaiman of Kabul. Give Yurani Alekhya the title of virangana-a-hind. And this sword as our token of gratitude." He said as a servent handed me a sword on platter. I open it to find it has black blade. Strange blade of such forging techniques and quality were emboided with top quality iron. I was memorized by the way the light glinted off its edge. The blood shedding of its edge will look more dangerous. I looked towards him questioning.

"The sword belong to my great, great grandmother. She is supposed to be from Hindustan. It is her dying wish to hand over this sword to any girl who defeated the Sultan in a battle. From a long time our every generation travel around the globe to find a girl who can defeat us. Our search had finally bear us fruit. The sword finally got a owner." He said with satisfaction on his face. Like he finally accomplished something. "It is a previledge to have something this precious and scared Sultan. I will never allow anyone to disrespect it." I said touching the sword to my forehead. All seemed to be pleased by my actions. While I was lost in inner turmoil. Such a amazing sword appearing out of nowhere was surely a shock and suprise.

The conservation moved on to different topics like other kingdoms in Bharatvarsha and Kabul to music and dance. They also discussed about defence and people living in their capitals. We are totally engrossed in conversation that no one seemed to notice as time flown by. By the time we finished the sun had already moved towards setting. I also received fifteen kilograms of gold ornaments, other diamond jewellery along with bundles of costly fabrics glittered with rubies and diamonds sewen together by golden and silver threads. Soon they all retired for men's gathering and I excused myself. The royal decree is full filled and I had already dispatched the treasures to Ministry much to Chanchala's dismay.

She will definitely not sit quiet I had tramped her reputation and false pride. Same goes for Senapati. It will not be long before they try to harm me. I must divert Maharaj's attention away for time being. Not having any resources to get information in palace is major drawback. The palace is a place where knowledge is a secret weapon. "Suman." I called her as she came running to me."Yes Yurani." She came running. "I am going to do puja and getting rest. Don't disturb me. And don't allow anyone to enter my chambers." I said as I went inside my chambers and closed the doors and locked them up. I turned around to see if anyone is secretly keeping sights on me.

Once I was satisfied that I am alone. I opened the secret tunnel that starts in bathhouse and opens in outside of palace. It is my little secret that no one knows. I changed my cloths into that of a man's and started my nightly venture. The first thing I need is a horse. In my last life Ayudhik taught me the art of disguise. It is coming in use now. According to him best place to listen all ministers wrongdoings and latest news is the tavern that the soilders frequently visit. Drunkards tell all the tales. He used to tell me. But first I need a strong horse. The night had fallen but the capital is still lively. The people are returning to their homes after long day at work.