32.1

"First, each of you has to put on one of these," Chris starts as he hands us some ridiculous looking hats.

I guess mine isn't so bad compared to Gwen and Owen's. I have a yellow duck hat while Gwen has a chicken and Owen has a bull. Ew, I just got major de ja vu from when we had to eat bull testicals from the Girls Vs. Boys challenge.

"Dressed as a cow, chicken, and duck, run to the first location and shimmy up the pole to retrieve your flag. If you don't have the flag, don't bother comin' down off that pole!" Chris explains.

"Next, you will cross a three hundred meter balance beam, suspended over a massive gorge, while carrying an eagle's egg."

"Oh, hehe. Is that all?" Owen asks.

"No. Below, your friends, the rare, but real, man-eating, fresh water sharks!"

"You had to ask," Gwen interrupts with a mumble..

"The final leg of the race is a long distance run. Returning to the finish line here. First camper to arrive wins."

"Good luck, Mal. Good luck Owen," Gwen tells us. "If I had to lose to anyone here, I'd be honored for it to be either one of you."

"Awwe, you're the best," I reply.

"Aww, that's so nice. I hope you lose to me, too," Owen says.

I laugh at Owen's statement. He's got the right spirit. To bad he's going to eat those words, because I'm going to win.

"Yeah! Go, Owen! We want a party!" Geoff cheers.

"Well I want free shoes. Go, Mal!" Lindsay cheers for me.

"Go, Gwen! Kick his butt!" Cody cheers for Gwen.

"You can do it, Gwen!" Trent says with a charming smile.

"I don't cheer," Eva grumbles.

"You got this, Malibu!" Duncan says to me with a thumbs up.

"Come on, Gwen! You've got this!" Trent says again.

"Go, Mal! Go, Gwen!" Leshawna cheers.

"Whoo! We love you, Mal!" Bridgette and Courtney chant.

"On your marks, get set, go!" Chris announces, and the three of us take off.

...

"What are you doing here?" I ask Duncan as I make it to the first challenge.

I take a look at the pole and start making calculations. How can I do this without getting a ton of splinters in my fingers and without falling on my face?

"I'm being supportive. Don't girls like that sort of crap?" He asks half jokingly.

"If I ignore you will you go away?" I ask.

"Not likely."

Wait, I've got it!

"Give me your shirt," I tell him quickly.