~ Chapter - 27~

- I L A R I A - 

"Let's wish something for Christmas everyone." Mom said. Mom have this ritual-kinda thing when everybody wish something for Christmas. Nobody really beleive they come true except for her. And now, me too, I guess. I never believed in wishes and stuff like that but since everything I asked for last Christmas actually happened, I think I do have a little faith in them now.

Everyone closed their eyes and wished for whatever they want this year. I closed my eyes too with my hands clasped together. All my wishes were already fulfilled this year. I got new friends. Real friends, I should say. Elijah and me got close again. Mom and Dad are around more too. What more can I ask for now?

"I wish we all can spend this year together happily." I wished. Everyone else also wished for what they wanted and we started opening the gifts. There were three of them for me. One from Mom, one from Dad and one from Lijah. The twins didn't got me or Lijah anything not that I expected it from them. I have tried my best to keep my distance from them for my own sake. There is already so much negativity all around and they just keep adding to it. 

'Wow Mom, I love it!" I smiled when I opened her gift. It was a beige-coloured off-shoulder top. And it looked so cute. 

"I'm glad you do." She smiled back. I opened the rest of them which were a beautiful pair of earrings and a journal. 

Mom and Dad were opening their gifts too. I bought a lot of gifts yesterday. For my parents, my brothers; the twins as well, my cousins, Kevin, Alex, Kiara, Carmella, Austin and for all the other people of Kiara's famiy as well. I love wrapping the gifts prettily and giving them to others. All the hardwork is worth the happiness I get when I see the happiness on their faces. 

Mom, Dad and Elijah loved my gifts. The twins kept them but didn't say anything to thank me which was immature of them but let's not talk about them. I have better things to do and better people to meet.

I took all the gifts for Kiara's family and headed to their home. I was very excited to show them their gifts. They have done so much for me over the months and this is the very least I can do for them. I knocked on the door once and an unfamiliar man answered. He looked intimidating.

"Um hello. I'm Kiara's friend. Is she home?" I asked.

"Oh yes. Come in." He said letting me in. "You must be Aria, I guess." I nodded and he chuckled. "I have heard a lot about you."

"Are you Asher?" I asked suddenly remembering Kiara telling me about her eldest brother. He comes home only on special occasions or during holidays, she has said. He must be him.

"Yeah, I'm. You have heard about me too, I see." He laughed. I smiled. He seems sweet, totally different than his appearance.

"Hey Ilaria. When did you come?" Mrs. Garcia asked hugging me when she came down. 

"I just arrived. I wanted to give you guys Christmas gifts." I said. 

"Really? You didn't need to do that sweetheart." She said, her bright smile not leaving her face. That's what  I like the most about her. She is always so kind and cheerful. 

"I wanted to do it, after everything you have done for me." I replied gratefully.

"You are too sweet." She said and called for everyone to come down. They all came pretty quickly and we all sat down to open our gifts. They all have brought me gifts too which was very sweet of them. 

Everyone was opening their gifts cheerfully. They all complimented my gifts as well just like I did for theirs. The vibe in their home is always so nice, chill and loving. And so full of life and laughter. Everytime I come by, they always lift my mood up and I have so much fun. The last gift which has my name had a very beautiful multicoloured wrapping. 

"It's from Ash." Austin told me. "He didn't know your favorite colour and he has this weird obsession with wrapping gifts in people's favorite colour wraps so yours is multicoloured." He explained and I nodded. 

"Yeah, he is really silly sometimes." Cameron laughed earning a smack on the back his head from Asher. 

"Shut up stupid." He muttered. I gigled and unwrapped my gift. It was a baby-blue coloured Instant Polaroid Camera.

"Wow." I said shocked. "It's so cute. Thank you." 

"You're welcome. I'm glad you like it." He smiled. 

"I love it." I said and I meant it. I never had a polaroid camera before but I really wanted one. I always wanted to decorate my room with polaroids and fairy lights just like those photos on pinterest.

"So, will you take one photo with us or not?" Carmella teased making everyone laugh. 

"Obviously." I grinned and we spent the rest of the day taking pictures, having fun and enjoying our time to every bit. When I went back home, I took photos with my parents and Lijah too and decorated my room with them. And when I was finally done and I saw all the important people in my life smiling at me, the joy I experienced has no bounds.

It was nice knowing there are these people around me other than my own family who love me and care for me so much. It is always reassuring to have people who are there to listen to you and who pick you up when you fall. There are some people in life we just connect with. And these people are one of those very special people in my life. The relationship and bonding we share is so beautiful and magical that I cannot express it enough through words. Till last year, I never thought I would be spending my next Christmas like this. With these amazing people. All of them have came into my life as blessings. They have filled my life with so much happiness and love that my heart feels full now.  

"Some people come in your life as blessings. Some come in your life as lessons."
-Mother Teresa. 

Hello my beautiful people.

How are you all doing? How is everything going on in your life?

What are your thoughts on this chapter?
Any suggestions or ideas you guys have?

I hope you all have read the message I posted on my profile. I update about my schedule and when I'm going to update there only, so you guys can follow me if you want. 

✨✨And Happy Belated Holi to all of you. I hope you all had a good time yesterday.✨✨

Question of the chapter- What is your favorite quote?

- Vote - Comment - Follow - Support -

🧡