44

"What

"What..did Eomma and Appa do to my mates?" I asked.

"First of all, you seriously scored the jackpot with your soulmates. They're literally the richest bastards ever if it weren't for the fact they rejected then maybe I would have better feelings for them." Hana pointed out.

"Second, Eomma and Appa told them properly as parents that they were not allowed to see you. Unless you are willing to and that they won't give them a chance unless they explain everything to you then to them. They were the only ones who could talk properly that time since the three of us were livid." She sassed.

"I get it, then invite them over." I said impassively.

"Ha?" Lia Unnie's jaw dropped.

"Did you just say invite them over?" Hwan Oppa narrowed his eyes at me.

"After they rejected you?! You'll still give them a chance??!!" Hyun Oppa yelled.

"Oppa. I know what I'm doing. Yes, Viktor promised me that they'd explain it to me right before I blacked out. It's up to me whether I'd believe them or not so just trust me, ok?"

They nodded their heads and then Eomma and Appa came in, "We trust you, Aera. You've always had the best radar for lies among your siblings." Eomma kissed my forehead.

"I second that, she already knew that her ex-boyfriend was cheating on her before she even found out. Gives me chills to this day just thinking about it." Hana exaggerated and I rolled my eyes.

. . .

"Aera.." Lia Unnie started, we were the only ones in the room while the rest headed home to take showers. Hana went to Seth to tell him that I was willing to talk to Devereux.

"Hm?"

"Thank you..for giving my brother a chance.." 

"You don't need to thank me for that, I know that there must be a reason.." She stared at me in the eyes before removing her shirt.

"Woah wait! Lia Unnie! What are you- ..what the? Who the fuck did that to you?!" I yelled in anger.

There were whip marks on her back, though faded, they were still there.

"..T-They will explain it to you, I promise they will." She smiled brokenly and then hugged me.

My eyesight became blurry as my head tipped to the side, "Oh no, here eat this. Your sugar levels dropped after the accident." She handed me a biscuit.

"I'll be going out for some fresh air." She excused herself.

I leaned my head on the back of the hospital bed, it was reclined so I can comfortably sit up, and closed my eyes.

*PING*

I opened my eyes and faced to the side to see my phone, so it was there..I grabbed it and checked who messaged me.

UNKNOWN NUMBER

I see that you are alone now :)

Sent 2:21pm

I can feel myself growing pale and searched around the room. I can't fight myself in a moment like this. I reached for the nurse emergency button and pressed on it. 

*Press*

*Press* *Press*

UNKNOWN NUMBER

I see that you are alone now :)

Sent 2:21pm

That's not going to work, don't bother your other contacts...I disabled them. You can't even call 911. You can't call out for help either, your room is sound proof so be a good girl and wait for me <3

Sent 2:33pm

'I'm screwed. What use are my taekwondo skills if I can't use my legs? I have nothing to support my upper body for force. He's right, I can't scream either.'

I took a breath in and gripped both sides of the bed, I slowly placed both my legs down. My breathing becomes erratic. I then stood up but due to the excruciating pain, I fell. 

I grabbed the side of the bed and crawled as best as I could to the door. I had to pull the door so I had to stand up.

"AH-AHHHH!!" I yelled out in pain as I forced myself to get up, my stomach was bleeding as the stitches tore.

I managed to open the door and crawl out of my room. The hallway was empty, I screamed as loud as I could.

"HELP! ANYONE PLEASE, HELP!" I cried. I felt so mad, mad that I'm useless, that I can't do anything to defend myself.

I saw a figure and called out for them but the moment I saw that black jacket and mask I freaked out.

"NO! GO AWAY! PLEASE!!" I panicked as he approached me nearer and nearer but then the person behind him motivated me.

"Alicai? A-ALICAI!!!" The man in the black jacket turned around and ran down the stairs.

Alicai saw me and started running towards me, I saw the rest were confused but then when they saw me they also ran as fast as they could.

"AERA?! W-WHY?? WHY ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR ROOM?! WHAT'S WRONG??" He reached me and held my face.

"T-The S-s-stalker. He w-was there.. he was gonna- he was gonna-" I cried as I hugged him.

"Fuck, your stitches are torn." Soren cursed as he applied pressure on my stomach. A group of nurses then rushed in and carried me to the surgical room even if I didn't need surgery. Soren was the one who stitched it back up.

My family and Lia Unnie came back to my room, Lia Unnie apologized to us but I reassured her it wasn't her fault.

"W-What happened??" Eomma asked, worried.

I handed her my phone and she checked the messages. She broke down into tears as she gave them to my father and exited the room. I asked them if I could have this time to talk to my mates and they agreed. They exited the room as they came in.

As soon as the door closed, Calixto hugged me. In the softest way, he has ever done.

"We swear we will find him." They promised and I just gave them a wry smile.

"..Can you guys..explain why you rejected me? I want to learn the truth..please?" 

.

.

.

"We were scared of women."

To be Continued . . .