12

"Charlotte, are you ready yet?"

"No. I'm a girl and I take longer to get dressed so shh" I walked back out and he groaned. "What now?!"

"You're not even dressed yet!" He exclaimed.

"Doing that now, stupid" I rolled my eyes as I opened the wardrobe. I picked out a cream lacy crop top and a black slit maxi skirt with my white heels. He sighed as I walked back to the bathroom. I pointed one heel at him. "If you sigh at me one more time instead of a fashion show, we're going to hospital"

"I simply don't understand why you get dressed away from me when we're getting married! Seriously I won't bite" he ran a hand through his hair.

I stomped back into the room and dropped my towel on the bed. He whistled. "I won't bite but I will stare!"

Ross, being the unpredictable little dick he is, arrives home with the news that we have been invited for a Diesel fashion show because he did an advert and photoshoot for them.

The thing is today; as in its happening right now.

For once I got dressed rapidly and began to pack essentials into my clutch. "We can leave"

"At last" he opened the door and gestured for me to walk. We reached the garage and stopped opposite his 3 cars. "Which one?"

"Toughest decision ever" I rolled my eyes again. "Just go for the Lamborghini"

"Ooh, fancy" he pinched my cheek and I slapped away his hand.

Together we got into his car which looks too expensive to put into words and drove off.

I was scrolling through Instagram when he spoke again. "Be prepared to actually act like a couple, by the way"

"Okay, but if you take it too far I will break your hands" I warned with a sweet smile. He groaned.

"When are you going to accept that we're together?" He sounded fed up. "Wake up, we're getting married"

"Maybe when you stop forcing me into stuff I'll stop" I said that sentence with a little bit more attitude than I supposed to but now there was an awkward silence.

Ross sighed at the end of 5 minutes. "Sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable, it just makes me feel like you're not even trying to get along with me, that's all"

"I am, I truly am because since I was thrown into this, I may as well try to be happy" I said. "One thing; what do I do if people start asking about Evan?"

"Either ignore it or say your relationship was more like a fling" he shrugged. "Your call on that one"

I nodded as we came to a stop. "We're here?!"

"Uh-huh. Don't stress it, you look great anyway" he grinned. "Let's do this"

One thing he didn't mention was the fact that the second my foot touched that red carpet, hundreds of flashes would be directed at me. Then of course, I remembered who my hot date was and our current relationship status. But still, no excuse to warn me that I was going to be swarmed by photos the moment we got there.

It wasn't as simple as it looked. Sure we just posed with his arm around my waist and smiling but it's not ideal when someone yells 'over here sweetie!', I follow and everybody decides to do it.

I look up to Ross, who seemed like he was right at home. "You look so freaking relaxed its unreal"

"You know" we smiled to the right again. "This face is good for something more than picking up chicks and a seat"

"Did you just call your face a seat?!" I looked at him. With a cheeky smirk, he winked at me. I smacked his arm and we separated for individual photos.

I was just standing there normally when someone made me jump. "Long time no see!"

"Evan!!!!!" I shrieked and gave him a hug. "How have you been?"

"Good, how about you?" He beamed.

"Doing okay" I smiled just as Ross reappeared. "Ah great; Ross this is Evan and Evan this is Ross"

They shook hands with a smile. Evan looked at me then to Ross. "You look after her well, dude, she's one of a kind"

"Seriously.." I looked away to hide my blushing cheeks.

"Oh I sure will, and I couldn't agree more" Ross commented and they both looked at me and I honestly couldn't tell who looked more sexual. I felt like a cake opposite these two men who haven't eaten for days on end.

I smiled awkwardly. "Shall we go inside?"

+++

"God that was a long day" I began to brush my hair.

"Long? I thought you were going to say fun that you saw your old friend again" Ross said, two octaves higher than his usual mumbling. Sarcasm.

I crossed my arms at him. "Yes. I am happy I saw Evan, we dated"

"Dated" he emphasised.

"You're just jealous" I shook my head and turned around.

"Hell yeah I am!" He barked. "I mean my wife to be kind of ditched me for her ex-boyfriend and still had the audacity to call me out when I merely look at a model. Maybe hey, she will give me more attention"

"Wow, just when I think 'hey, this guy is actually decent' you go and fuck it up" I said to him.

"Decent? I am decent, just not an idiot" he groaned.

I grabbed my Vans and my purse. "Fuck this, I'm sleeping at Gail's tonight"

He chuckled sarcastically. "Careful not to end up at Evan's house. We never know it with you"

"As if you can talk you- no, you know what" I put my hands up in surrender. "Whatever. I just really cannot stand you sometimes"

"Whatever, Charlotte"

With a frustrated shriek, I slammed the bedroom door shut and left as fast as I possibly could.