Chapter 19

Inei's POV. Wisteria House.

A house marked with the Wisteria Flower.

I knocked on the door and the people living there somehow knew I am a Demon Slayer, although I am not wearing the uniform.

The owner of the house, Nanako-san, let me in when I revealed my identity as a member of the Corps.

Nanako: I see.

Inei: Also, my comrades are on their way here. I'm going to wait for them here, and then we'll have to discuss our plan from here on out.

Before I came here, I took the time to do my own investigations around the district. Apparently, Kage found out that Tengen-san's wives infiltrated the district.

Locating the houses they each infiltrated was a tough job even for me.

But then, we quickly narrowed down the houses they infiltrated.

Suma-san in the Tokito House. Makio-san in the Ogimoto House. Hinatsuru in the Kyogoku House.

Somehow, I'm having a bad feeling in the Kyogoku House.

I mean........I heard some rumors surrounding the house. About the women just suddenly "losing their footing" within the house.

But that's the only information that I gather, because as things currently stand, I won't be able to gather any information outside. No wonder why Tengen-san had the idea of sending his wives to infiltrate and gather intel.

But then, according to what Kage gathered from Tengen-san, he and wives are constantly exchanging letters, with the information about the demon's movements.

Then things went down when Tengen-san lost contact with his wives.

I guess Kagaya-sama decided to send me here as well, due to my skills in gathering information.

Heh, though Kagaya-sama is not a fighter, he is qualified to be a tactician. A truly qualified man to lead the Corps.

A few hours later, Tengen-san, along with Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke finally arrived.

Inei: Took you guys long enough.

Tengen: It seems like you took your time to investigate. So, any valuable intel?

Inei: Can I see the letters? Maybe I could match it with the information that I gathered earlier.

He gave me the letter as I began to cross reference the information that I got and from the letters.

Honestly though. They're so noisy.

Zenitsu: HUH!? YOU HAVE THREE WIVES!? WHY DO YOU HAVE THREE—

Inei: 💢

Inei: SHUT THE HELL UP!

I threw unsheathed my wakizashi and threw it's sheathe to Zenitsu's face, knocking him out in the process.