CHAPTER 20. Police and Kayla

I froze as the door opened, River walking in with crossed arms and narrowed eyes. Cross glanced at River before smirking and licking my upper thigh, which was wet and sticky.

I gasped and moved my legs together, pulled away from Cross with burning cheeks. "Lion, let go," I told him, and I was thankful when he did, gently realising my wrists.

"We've talked about this," River said firmly, and I looked between these three vampires, suddenly feeling exposed and embarrassed.

Cross smiled. "Do you really want to have that conversation now? Here?" He asked, and picked up my leggings, handing them to me.

I quickly pulled them on before looking at Lion with questioning eyes. He gently kissed my lips, making my heart flutter, forgetting River for a moment, who clenched his jaw.

"Raven, to bed," he ordered, and I timidly stood, moving past the angry blue eyed vampire into the hallway, where I froze.

All of the light bulbs were in pieces on the floor, making me hesitate before avoiding the pieces, entering my bedroom. I closed the door tightly behind me, leaning on it.

I slowly touched my hot face, blood racing in my veins, making me feel giddy. I touched my heart and slowly slid down the door, giggling for no reason.

Should not have done that, but don't really regret it. I thought and took a speedy shower, feeling hotter when I washed my thighs, seeing a bruise.

A frown rose on my brow as I thought of River, suddenly realizing how upset he had looked. I swallowed nervously and laid down in bed, with wide not tired eyes.

Why did everything break? Did Cross and Lion do that? And if so, how?

***

  "Hello Raven!" An officer cheered as we walked through the station. I glanced at back him curiously, wondering how he knew my name.

I looked at Fallon, who's hand I was holding, eagerly skipping through the building with the other five vampires behind me.

An officer offered me a fist bump, which I happily accepted, giggling, feeling like a celebrity. "Fallon, do you feel better now?"

The vampire boy glanced at me, freshly washed and wearing clothes that were to big on him. His light baby grey eyes were wide and filled with curiously, curly hair brushed and looking incredibly soft.

He gave a shy nod and held my hand tighter, glancing briefly at the vampires behind him, most of which were giving him dirty looks.

Someone who looked important smiled and shook River's hand before glancing at me. "Raven Light, correct?" He reached out to shake my hand, and I nervously gave him my free one, feeling suddenly shy and bashful.

"Yes, that's my name," I said softly and looked at him with big eyes. He looked at me kindly.

"Now, what we're going to ask you to do, is go through this door, and look at a few men who can't see you, is that alright?"

I nibbled on my bottom lip. "This is to see if you found the one who was going to buy me...?"

The man nodded and glanced at Fallon briefly. "Yes, and don't be afraid to be honest okay?"

I nodded and held Fallon's hand tightly. "Are you going to try to find where Fallon belongs?" I asked, and Fallon went stiff.

"Yes, if that's okay with him," the man paused and looked at the other vampires. "We'll have a doctor look him over as well, if some of you want to stay with Raven, and the rest of you can come with me, we have other things to discus."

"What other things?" I piped, and River shushed me and nodded.

"Sounds good, come on Fallon," River motioned him over, but the boy ignored him. Dune reached over gently, to our held hands, and carefully placed Fallon's hand in his, instead of mine.

Fallon looked at Dune fearfully, making me frown. "Fallon, he's safe, I promise," I told him, and Fallon seemed hesitant, but allowed Dune to hold his hand in my stead.

"I'll stay with Raven," Fin offered as I slowly opened the door, peeking inside. It was empty, except for a table and single chair, glass across the back wall.

I looked at the countless different men standing in a line and shook my head immediately. None of these were right, I would remember those dark eyes anywhere.

"None of them?" Fin asked, coming up from behind me. I shook my head.

"No, none of them, and why does it matter? Do you think he's going to try to find me or something? That would be silly, he has no idea who I am," I told Fin before glancing at the door, wondering how Fallon was going to do, and if he was going to be leaving today.

"Raven, last night-" Fin paused as the door opened, and I frowned as Kayla walked in, wondering when and why she had come to the police station.

"Fin, River asked me to take Raven home when she was done." Kayla said cheerfully.

I frowned. "No, I want to see if Fallon-"

"You don't want to argue with River, do you?" Kayla sang, and I paused as Fin placed a hand on my shoulder, glancing at back him.

Fin looked at Kayla with a frown. "I thought you wanted space for a few days," he said, but Kayla waved a hand.

"How could I? I wanted, no I needed to make sure Raven was okay," she explained and motioned me over, making me nervous.

"Are you sure River said to take her home?" Fin asked, sounding unsure. Kayla touched her chest.

"Do you think I'm lying?" She asked, and Fin's hand faltered on my shoulder.

"No, just misunderstood him, perhaps," he said, and I looked between them, wishing I had vampire speed so I could just rush out of the room and leave them both behind.

"I know what River said," Kayla said firmly and her eyes rested on me. "Come on, Raven," she sounded impatient and rushed. I sighed and slowly walked over, not looking forward to a ride with her.

Kayla smiled brightly and grabbed my shoulder, the same place Fin had, and pulled me out into the hall. I licked my dry lips, waving at the various officers that said goodbye as Kayla almost seemed to shove me out of the building.

"What's the big rush?" I asked and shoved off her hand as we approached her car. She shook her head silently and got in the driver's side as I slowly got into the vehicle.

I buckled and looked out the window as she pulled out of the parking lot slowly. "Raven, don't you think it's strange that all of the police know your name?" Kayla asked, and I looked over at her, noticing the death grip she had on the steering wheel.

I frowned. "I guess, I was thinking about that too, but it's not a big deal-" I paused, leaning back in my seat as I noted how fast she was suddenly driving.

Seventy on a fifty five speed limit. "Kayla, you're going kind of fast," I pointed out, but she ignored me completely.

"Isn't it obvious that they're hiding something from you?" Kayla demanded, sounding upset. "You're parents, your past, why they don't let you go on field trips, aren't you curious?"

I held the sides of my seat tightly, terrified she was going to crash and kill me. She was supernatural, a witch, she'd be fine, I wouldn't though.

"I - I'm sure there's a great explanation, now really isn't the time for this talk, Kayla, slow down," I pleaded.

Kayla looked furious. "There isn't ever a time to talk to you, they're always listening! Even when I suggested they -" she paused and huffed in frustration.

I glanced at the road fearfully, hardly even listening to her anymore. "Kayla, you're going eighty miles an hour, that's not safe -"

"A party!" Kayla suddenly said, sounding delighted. "We'll have a party, that will fix everything!"

I swallowed and held my seatbelt. I think she's gone crazy,