Chapter 28

She tried to walk away when suddenly she slipped and I held onto her waist. Her eyes met mine and I looked into her eyes. They still held the honesty and strength that I fell in love with years ago however the love now wasn't the kind we had between us years ago. It was something else.

'You ok?' I asked and she nodded with a smile. I made her take a seat and offered her a glass of water. She sipped through and suddenly cried a 'Auuuuu' and I looked at her and she kept a hand on her baby bump. I looked at her while she smiled saying 'Looks like the baby kicked' and I was left speechless. I slowly sat next to her and hesitantly asked 'Ummm May I?' and she smiled nodding. I kept a hand on her baby bump while I felt a sudden jerk on my hand and my eyes popped out as I screamed 'Ohhhh Fishhh!!!' and she chuckled while I laughed at once and she said 'I am glad you didn't use the F word...I don't let Keshav use that word around the baby' and I smiled.

She kept looking at me and said again...
'I will always be sorry for taking the abortion decision against your will!' and I held her hand saying

'And I will forever be apologetic for not understanding your perspective Aditi! We....we were different individuals and just because we became pregnant didn't give me the rights to overshadow your personality. You are right! I didn't think once from the perspective you had...how you as a wife felt...how you as an individual felt...I was only worried for you as a mother...or shall I say my baby's mother! I'm sorry I even termed you greedy and a gold digger. I'm sorry Aditi. You were always a hardworking individual but my silly ego couldn't take your ambitious self!' and she smiled holding my hand and said...

'Just let it be Naman! Let's say...we... weren't for each other. Keshav was meant to be mine and Shilpa...yours!!!' and I blushed.

'Ohoooo blushing and all hannn?' she asked and I looked elsewhere while she giggled saying...

'I am so so so happy for you Naman. Shilpa is a wonderful woman. Strong...talented... humble above all patient!' and I smiled saying...

'I know and I now definitely know what I must not do with her' and Aditi smiled.

We stood up and hugged each other warm forgiving each other for our past and that's when my eyes fell on Shilpa who stood in a corner and was looking at us. She simply walked away from there and I quickly went behind her. She was sitting in the rose garden at my parents home by the lotus pond and I went and sat next to her.

'I hope you know that the talk I had with Aditi was more a matured one where we finally have forgiven each other' and she silently sat and kept looking into the pond.

When she didn't reply anything I slowly pulled her closer to me and made her sit on my lap while she shrieked and I covered my arms around her waist slowly slipping it inside the saree she was wearing touching her bare waist. I noticed how her body relaxed in my arms and I left a small kiss on her shoulder and I whispered...

'You trust me na?' and she smiled and looked into my eyes. Her tiny hands cupped my face as she whispered...

'I wouldn't have fallen in love with you if I didn't trust you! It's not what you are thinking!!!' she said and I slowly tucked a hair strand behind her ear and whispered...'Then what is it?'. She smiled and said...

'Will you be able to fall in love with me....Will you ever be able to love again?' she said softly while her eyes filled with tears. I slowly wiped a tear off her eye and slowly rested my forehead against hers and said...

'I was in love with Aditi...I was madly in love with her. But even then we broke up. We had a painful divorce which made me alcoholic .. pushed me to depression...made a sadist... rude... chauvinist!!! I may not be in love with you Shilpa but I trust you...I respect you... above all we understand each other. You understand and also make me understand where I go wrong...you don't give upon me...You complete me Shilpa! There is this emptiness within me that you fill.