Chapter 15

Mirabel's POV

I ran and ran to the mountains until I ran out of breathe. "How did I miss this?" I said in frustration and let a loud groan. 'Should I follow the man?' No— I can't do that. "Okay okay calm down" I said to myself and began taking deep breaths in and out. I snapped my fingers and made my air to float me and looked around the mountains to see for any hints. "Come on" I looked and waited but nothing happened.

But I can't stop right now, knowing that the Encanto is in danger and the enemies could attack any minute now. I waited for five more minutes until my body gave up. My air began putting me down slowly. "Using these gift really do take a lot of energy" I said and decided to sit under the nearest tree. I swiped some sweats on my forehead and looked in the direction where I saw the man. "Was that just a hallucination? That was blurry but I know what I saw. Or maybe I am wrong. But that man Cesar won't just laugh for no reason at all, right? Or he is just some crazy old man" I began overthinking but no clear answers came in my mind.

While waiting, maybe I should train some movements. Now that I remember, I totally did lose in my fight with Cesar, kind of embarrassing but don't blame me though. If Tio Bruno and Papa didn't came, maybe I'm dead by now-_-. I stood up and did some random punches and kicks. Well it's not like I really did suck back there, I did landed some hits on him^_^.

I kicked here and there, threw punches left and right. "Man, I can't learn martial arts in just one day" I groaned once again and laid on the ground, catching my breath. "Should I tell Abuela about this?" I asked myself and sit. "When will it happen?" I could ask Tio Bruno about this but I don't wanna bother him. Wait, did Papa already told Mama? No, he won't do such a thing. I shook my head and trained once again while waiting. 

'Hours later' 

I decided to roam around the mountains once again to find some hints but again, nothing. It's getting dark already so I think I'll go back for now, I'll continue this tomorrow or torture- I mean try asking Cesar again, hmm I doubt if he would even answer properly. I sighed and made my air drop me gently on the ground and I started walking home.

On my way home, I started feeling strange, but I shrugged it off. When I got to the town again, everything seems normal, I guess..... but not until I heard some woman scream. Without thinking twice, I ran to where it came from and saw a little girl jumping around with her friends. I took a deep breath and began walking but then, heard another scream and I tried to ignore it since maybe it's just another 'happy screams' but that scream didn't stop. I once again ran and some house is now on fire and I saw a random woman beside me crying.

"No, help! My daughter is inside!" she screamrd and everyone began to flood the scene. I widen my eyes to what I heared and immediately ran inside to find the girl. I looked around ran around and around and finally heard some cries in some room. I immediately ran there and saw the girl crying. I went to grab her and used my water to clear our way. While running to get out, I tried my best to ran as fast as I could since the fire spread easily that immediately burned some wood.

"Mama!" the girl cried even more when we finally got out safely. Her mother went to her daughter and hugged her. "Thank you very much, Mirabel but you gotta save the others" she said that confused .e "What do you mean-" I was cut off by the view. I saw that some houses are on fire too. I saw Luisa running around and around trying to help as much as she could. Wait..... It's already happening! Argh. I groaned out of frustration. "Ma'am, this way please! You need to evacuate" I said to the woman and lead them to an open space and went back to get the others.

------------
Okay short chapter for now^_^