FORTY-ONE

FORTY-ONE
Callie

"You wanna tell me why you've been throwing up the past few days?" Miller questions in front of me, shrugging a bulletproof vest on.

It's only us two in the room and the tension between us is on a high. What do I even say? And how the hell did he know I was throwing up?! All I can do is sit with my hands on my lap and fiddle with my fingers as I listen to Miller huff to himself.

"Look at me." I take my time but eventually lock eyes on him. His muscles flex under his shirt and I watch as he walks over to me, the stern look still etched on his face. "Answer my fucking question, Callie." I raise my eyebrows at his tone.

"Why are you so pissed off?" I stand up from my chair and look up at him with a small frown.

"Pissed off? I'm fucking fuming. Your health is important to us, Callie, so why do you feel the need to keep the fact you're throwing up a secret?" He rasps and I shrug my shoulders, igniting the already angry burning flame. "Don't piss me off further. How long have you been throwing up?"

"A day." I lie.

Miller flares his nostrils and turns away from me. Okay, maybe that wasn't a good idea.

"Don't insult me. How. Long?" He questions in a low voice and I swallow hard.

"About three weeks," I mumble and his head turns so fast to face me I'm surprised he didn't get whiplash.

"Three weeks, you've been throwing up for three weeks and you didn't think to tell us?!" He exclaims, throwing his hands up in the air and I sigh gently, running my hands down my face.

"There's been a lot going on." Miller continues to stare at me in disbelief. I have to sit back down, my head starting to throb.

"Nothing is more important than your health! What is going on with you Callie?!" He shouts and the door swings open, Everest and Phoenix walking in with concern painted all across their beautiful faces.

Great.

All I need are two more men to scold me.

"The fuck is going on in here?" Nix questions and makes his way over to me. He steps in front of Miller and crouches down in front of me. He caresses my cheek so gently with his tatted hands. "What's wrong?" He tilts his head and I look over his shoulder at Miller then back to his sea-green eyes.

"I'm just a little sick. That's all." Another mistake.

"Don't be stupid, Callie. I know you're not fucking stupid!" Miller continues to yell and I look to Nix who has his jaw clenched tightly—his hands rubbing up and down my thighs in a comforting manner.

"So what are you saying then?" Nix asks him, keeping his eyes on me. I nibble nervously on my bottom lip.

"She's pregnant!"

"I am right here, you know!" I shout at Miller and he furrows his eyebrows and looks at me like I've said the most terrible thing ever.

"You're pregnant?" Everest grins and I huff.

"I haven't done a test. I'm probably just stressed with everything that's been going on recently." I try and reason but Miller chuckles with no amusement on his face whatsoever.

"Why are you being ignorant as fuck?" What type of Miller is this because it's far from the gentleman I know.

"Why are you being such a cunt?!" I blurt out and quickly cover my hand over my mouth.