49 ◦✿◦ Medakaz Miracle Madness

For reference later: 

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"No," was Alec's immediate reply, eyes on the podium, then whispered, "My men reported that mother donated it to the auction, with one specific message."

Lizzie's worry vanished, replaced with surprise, and in a whisper she asked, "...Reported? Are you spying on your family?" 

"You don't?"

She shut her mouth. Only sometimes, she thought, like if there's any lady her brothers fancy so she could help plan for a wedding, or if she was in the right timing to ask them favors. Well, she assumed that the imperial prince does this for good reasons, but still. 

"Besides, rumors already spread that Medakaz Miracle is up for auction. The Imperial Museum wouldn't sell a fake, they never sold replicas. Everyone's buzzing."

Buzzing. Lizzie finally acknowledged that Alec has been more casual in his choice words towards her. She wondered if his etiquette teacher had taken breaks due to headaches and stress, just like Madam Vaddenver, her tutor.

Back to his statement, she understood what was implied. With this myth finally revealed to take a physical form; the good, the bad and the curious has gathered in the darkness of the hall.

"And you like seeing crime happen?" she asked, now focusing ahead. She could not understand why people stack their bids higher on some earlier items, but the one displayed now was a jeweled hairpin in blue diamond. 

The bidding began in two thousand gold coins, too expensive for an accessory with small blue diamond stones formed into a flower and framed in silver. It was beautiful, but less creative even compared to some of Lizzie's hair ornaments. The auctioneer just embellished the item's importance that it was once belonged to a noble lady who fell into ruin.

Just a simple backstory that was probably fictitious, but the jewel's glint was beautiful.  Lizzie gripped her number and raised it, but pull her hand back down. Never mind.