✵ twenty-three ✵

When we got to Harry's place, he had been right.  There were no photographers there, and I was thankful that no one would be able to grab me.  The two of us headed inside, Geoff asking Harry if he needed anything but he shook his head no.  It left Geoff to head to the parking garage, and Trey to drive elsewhere, Harry and I going to his place.  The trip up the elevator wasn't that long, and I found myself following him off quickly, one of his neighbors saying a brief hello as they passed us.  He gave them a small greeting also, but it was surprising to me for someone to not freak out entirely over his presence.  Then again, they lived near him, so I figured they had to be used to it by now.  As he unlocked his front door, he pushed it in, letting me walk in first.  Thanking him quietly, I waited for him to shut the door and lock it, my eyes meeting his green ones. 

"You've been here before." 

"I know, but it's just so large.  My apartment is a decent size, but not like this." 

He nodded.  "That's fair.  I'm kind of hungry, so I can make something if you'd like?" 

I shrugged, following him to the kitchen.  Part of me was really nervous around him, but the other part was stuck wanting to stay near him.  I felt very small in his home, and I didn't truly comprehend where my brain was right now.  At least, I couldn't see why I wanted to stay away from him yet grab onto his hand all at the same time. 

"Let's see.  I can make quesadillas, or I might have some chicken and gnocchi soup still, if you're interested in that?" 

"The latter sounds good.  Where is your bathroom again?" 

"Okay, so through the hallway, and the first door on the left." 

"Thank you." 

He nodded, assuring me he would get the food ready.  Setting my backpack on the sofa, I walked toward the bathroom, taking a moment to find it because there were two sides to the hallway.  When I did, I quickly used the bathroom, making sure I was put together once I was finished washing my hands.  Everything in me was basically freaking out and I was trying my best to calm down, but I really couldn't.  Why had I agreed to this? Just as I went to think about how I could get out of this, there was a knock on the door, followed by Harry's surprisingly gentle voice. 

"Are you okay? Your soup is ready, I heated it up.  There's also some bread, but I'm going to go to my room and change." 

Quickly opening the door, I was very anxious again, Harry's eyes meeting mine.  At first he looked confused but then the hint of a smile appeared on his face.  I tucked my hair behind my ear, thanking him quietly before awkwardly stepping by him.  As he went down the hall to his room, I was certain I heard him laugh, but I ignored it.  My soup was at the table, a bowl beside it for who I assumed was him.  The television was on, and I started eating my food, Harry walking out after I had only had three spoonful's.  He looked more comfortable in T-shirt and sweatpants, his feet covered with socks that had little pumpkins on them. 

"It's September, why are there pumpkins on your feet?" 

"Next week is October, I think I can slip by with these." 

Shaking my head, I watched as he sat down, my eyes glancing over at the television every couple of bites.  We were both very quiet, and I could tell there was a lot of nerves between us.  It was almost uncomfortable, but I didn't want to leave.  We were going to be perfectly fine later when we were around a bunch of people, so I didn't think it should have been a problem that we were around each other by ourselves now.  Once we were both finished, we headed over to the sink, Harry saying he could clean the dishes, but I assured him I wouldn't mind.