Chapter 37 [My brothers Keeper]

1 Corinthians 6:18

"Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body."

Maleek

Its been a month now since me and aaliyah have been together and so far its been great. We have been doing bible studies every single day, its so much better to have someone else there to talk to and discuss verses with. We went to a Christian convention a few weeks ago, it felt great to get to walk around in her company, to be in each others presence. I can finally say im happy,, for once i am actually happy. Im just waiting for something bad to happen, it always does with me.

I am sitting in my apartment, with Joel across from me, He has a coffee in his hand as he sipped on it slowly as i took a seat on the couch.

"I only got a 30 minute break, then im back for another 14 hours so whats going on?"

"Calm down doctor , im not your patient im your friend."

"My friend huh? My friend would have let me know that he had a girlfriend for over a month now. My friend would have let me know he was planning to marry her one day, My friend would have-" I looked at him with massive shock on my face.

"Okay when did you turn into a female?" He stayed looking at me, waiting for a reply,

"She's everything man, im serious. I really think she's the one." A smirk came up on his face and he took another sip of his coffee

"When did you know? How did you know... that she was the one?" I raise an eyebrow at him and chuckle..

"What? its corny isnt it."

"Well, yes but thats not what i was laughing about."

"Its the scrubs aint it?" He looks down to his navy blue scrubs and cringes at the small blood stain on the corner of the shirt.

"It was from the ambulance, some kid bled out." He said looking back at me and shrugging his shoulders.

"Oh? what happened to him?" I asked nonchalantly, hoping it would distract him from his original question.

"Man you should've seen him it was- Hey! Don't try change the topic, answer the question." I groaned at the thought.

"You answer my question first." I demanded.

"You didn't ask a question, genius."

"Who is she?" His eyes widened and he let out a suspicious laugh, then i knew he was hiding something.... and if i know my brother like i think i do.. what he was hiding wasn't good.

"Who is who?" He asked, hiding his face behind his cup.

"Talk. Now." I commanded shoving the glass away from him. Quite frankly, im offended that he didnt tell me that he was dating someone. We use to talk about these things all the time, Ive lost a relationship with my mother, father, exe's too many friends.

Joel is the one person who has stuck beside me each time.. i cant lose my best friend.. thank God he cant hear thoughts because that was the corniest thought i ever had but this all just causes me to wonder what he is hiding.. then again i didnt exactly hop on the phone and tell him exactly when i was dating aaliyah.

"Okay okay.. Her name is Stephanie, She is perfect." I scoffed

"Drama queen much?" "No seriously maleek, she is perfection.. her face is angelic, her body is hypnothising even her scent is.."  I got up and slapped him on the head

"OW!"

"Have you lost your damn mind?" I know exactly what this leads to.

"What did i say wrong? I was just describing her"

"You had sex." I crossed my arms and sat on the chair arm beside his stupid self. Me and Joel weren't virgins but when we both got saved we decided to abstain until marriage, its been almost 7 years for me now, it was 8 years for Joel.. but then he just had to go and do this, He had such strong self control for all these years, it couldn't have been him, it was the girl and now he thinks she's the one but knowing who he is he will go and marry her next week! I look to his accusing face and see all i need to know.

"Joel! What the hell man!"

"I know okay? dont lecture me!" He exclaims as he tugs on his dreads nervously.

"How? Why? When?"

"Maleek.." His eyes scream fatigue but i dont care, he's not going to just get off with this. Isnt it bad enough that my mother is turning away from her Godly ways, i dont need him to join her.

"Speak or get out."

"You need to work on your little testosterone outbursts, im not your child and unlike the rest you dont scare me man." I sigh and realize he is right.

"Sorry, please just answer that. You came here for a reason."

"It was just passion maleek, we had been dating for a few weeks before that, she came to my place, we thought we could handle the heat, we turned on a movie and put on some christian music just incase."

"Hold up, you had adulterous sex while Gospel music played?" I tilted my head and i couldnt surpess my shameful laugh. This guy plays too much.

"Focus!" He exclaimed.

"Sorry."

"Anyways, we were just cuddling.. fully clothed nothing serious, then.."

"then?"

"Lets just say, The walls that surrounded Jerusalem fell down." I bursted out laughing at his foolishness.

"Have you asked for forgiveness?"

"Yes."

"and your going to stop."

"Yes."

"Then that should be all. God has forgiven you, now you just have to forgive yourself." He took a deep sigh of relief and looked back to me, motioning for me to talk with his hands.

"what?"

"So... how did you know aaliyah was the one?" I chuckled at the fact i didnt even have to search my mind for the answer.

"You see... Aaliyah is beautiful. she is stunning, i look at her and lust overwhelms my mind but there was more than that. She has a drive.. a drive that i have never seen in any other female. She didnt have any type of faith at first but that didnt stop her from continuesly  trying. She's a learner, she's willing to listen and learn from me, from the wisdom i gain from God but most importantly, she's a supporter i have never opened up to anyone as quick as i have with her. She taught me to love but not because she gave me a bunch of rules how to.. but because Aaliyah is love, her actions.. her words, she is love, I love her.."

There was an uncomfortable amount of silence for what felt like eternity. "Maleek, That was....... the cringiest thing i have ever heard you say. I hope i get that soft with steph." I turn my head as he laughs and gets his keys from the table.

"Thanks.... I think?"

*

Hey guys.. Please vote and Comment

God Bless :)