xii. let's save miss jenn

CHAPTER TWELVE·

CHAPTER TWELVE
·.¸¸.·♪♫ mr perfectly fine ♫♪·.¸¸.·

AFTER THEIR DATE Reece and Willow had gotten a text telling them to meet the rest of the drama department at Big Red's house. "Sorry we're late, I almost ran over a squirrel," Willow said as they descended into the basement. Reece noticed everyone was already there.

"Is it ok?" Ashlyn asked as the brunette took a seat in an empty armchair next to Carlos while Reece sat on the armrest.

"Oh, yeah, it was dead already." Ashlyn's eyes widened.

"On that very depressing note, what're we doing here?" Reece asked. The rest of them stayed quiet.

"I don't know," Natalie said, "But this is a terrible party. There aren't even pretzels." Reece rummaged through her bag finding a small unopened bag of pretzels, she tossed them at Natalie.

"Knock yourself out."

"How did you..." She trailed off. Reece shrugged leaning back on the chair, the armrest was surprisingly comfortable.

"It's Reece, she's got everything." EJ and Willow said in unison looking over at each other as they did, which only made the tension in the room thicker.

Ashlyn cleared her throat, "We all ended up in the same basement after a really bad day, so someone should say something."

"Fine. I'll say something." Carlos said as everyone looked at him, "I'm mad at Miss Jenn."

"Why?" Gina scoffed, " Because she'd got a couple of skeletons in her closet."

"No, because she's giving up. She was the first teacher to not see me as a punchline and now she's not even a real teacher?"

"Define 'real teacher'," Ashlyn spoke.

He's got a point,' Kourtney interjected.

"Does he though?" Natalie said seemingly annoyed.

"Guys." Big Red spoke up not wanting an argument to ensue.

"So, why are we all here then?" Natalie questioned.

"Yeah, good question. This is a waste of time." EJ agreed, shaking his head and slamming his hand on the couch softly.

"Sorry, guys, but I agree with EJ," Willow said, surprising them all, including herself. "Wow, can't believe I just said that."

"Gee, thanks, Sloan." He said sarcastically, slightly rolling his eyes.

"If we're just gonna sit here and remanence about the past I'm leaving." she continued. A few of the other members nodded in agreement.

"She gave me a shot." Carlos started, "And it's been a long time since so one gave me a shot," Carlos stared sadly at the ground.

Reece smiled sadly as she fidgeted with her bracelet, "Same here." Willow took her hand in hers, giving a tight squeeze.