Chapter 3 | Little Bunny

"Hey

"Hey. Are you guys even playing" Taking your eyes away from the fence that for some reason brought shivers down your spine. You looked over to see Don running out of the woods behind you with Gilda and Connie trailing him.

"Oh is the game off?" Gilda asked

"We should call it a day. If we're later, Mom will be worried." Norman suggested to everyone your eyes drifted back to the fence, the urge to hop over and just see what's over there.

"We'll eventually leave this place, huh?" you brought your attention back to Don.

"Of course we're going to leave. Everyone leaves by the age of 12." You replied

"Y/n's right. This is an orphanage. Of course we will leave." Nat said, backing you up.

Feeling a tug on your sleeve. You looked down to see Emma's hand pulling on the hem of your sleeve.

"You know it's weird." Pulling your sight away for Emma and onto Gilda.

"We don't get letters from anyone"

"Letter?" Everyone turned their heads over to Emma, who was tilting her head a bit.

"You know, after they leave the house, no one writes us" Gilda said.

"Well if I ever leave this place I'm definitely not wasting my time writing letters." you said. Feeling an intense stare on the back of your head. You shifted your eyes to the corner seeing Ray watching you with his jaw clenched.

"But we've all been together ever since we were born! Even if we've not related by blood, we've truer siblings then most." Don yelled sightly glaring at you for the comment you made earlier.

"They must be having so much fun everyday that they've forgotten about the house." Gilda said, crossing her arms.

"Then it's fine, right? I'm happy for them." the cheerful ginger said with a big smile. Her bright attitude makes butterfly's feel like their dancing around in your stomach, but they soon their replaced with a nausea feeling that you've gotten ever since you and Ray had your small talk.

From your right side you could see Norman looking at Emma with the same love struck look you had.

Looking down at Emma's hand which was still holding onto your sleeve. You slowly placed your hand into hers feeling an familiar warmth that you get whenever your around the other girl.

"Y/n. What do you want to do when you leave this place." Emma asked.

"I don't know. I just know that when I do leave I'm never going to look back." You said. Emma looked at you for a second longer, a small frown starting to make its way on her lips.

"You know, Y/n. Your just like Ray but no in a good way." Don said making the smaller kids laugh. Which you just rolled your eyes to.

"Okay everyone let's get back it's staring to get dark." Norman said walking towards the house with everyone behind him.

Before you could take another step you felt a pull at the back of your shirt. turning around you came face to face with Emma who had a big frown on her face.

"Did you really mean that?" The orange haired girl stared at you with glossy eyes. You frowned your eyebrow not understanding what she meant.

It took you a second to comprehend what she was trying to say till it hit you. Not really knowing what to say you just grabbed the back of the smaller girls head and brought her to you chest. "I didn't mean you."

"I don't count you as just someone I live with here. Your the one thing that I really care about, where ever you go I'll be right behind you. If you choose to stay here your whole life I will as well, if you were to tell me that you want to leave right now; just run away from here. Do you want to know what I would say?" Emma's crying started to stop and you could feel her nod into your chest.

"Where too?" The girl laughed a bit with some tears streaming down her face. Emma looked up at you about with a big smile. "I'll never want to run away from here."

You leaned down to kiss the top of her head, "We'll see about that."

_________

3 Person POV:

"I'm going to work hard, even after I leave. I'll be okay. I have little bunny with me." Connie looked at all of the faces in front of her, some with tears and sad looks. Other with big smiles happy that the girl would get a new home with a new family.

Though there was one girl who didn't have any reaction. Like whatever was happening right now didn't matter to her... No, not that it didn't matter, it was more like she just didn't have any feeling towards it. She didn't know how to feel. Should she be sad? Happy? Jealous?

But she didn't feel any of those. She just felt empty, and that's what scared her. She never had fear like this, having to grow up feeling nothing for anyone. Watching everyone that she called her siblings leave her so they could go have a happy life, leaving her in the dust.

Any normal child would feel lost, not having anyone. Though she didn't.

She didn't have enough fingers to count how many times she had to say bye to the people she thought would been in her life forever. Just to feel Nothing.

But that all that changed once she meet her. The orange haired beauty who brought a light that she never thought she would see; into her life.

It was ridiculous that this one girl could give someone so much happiness. Though the only thing is, that she only felt care towards that one girl. No one else could match not even herself.

So that was problem what scared her more then not feeling anything. She was terrified of that the one thing she loved would just disappear. Scared that the girl would leave her like everyone else in her life has. Scared that if she didn't leave her, there would be nothing left.

So that was why when the h/c haired girl meet the ball of sun shine she made an oath that no matter what she would keep her safe even if her own life was on the line. She would away chose the girl she loves the most

Emma.

________

After Connie left with Mama most of the kids went off to bed, while the older ones where left to clean the dinning hall.

Y/n walked in the dinning hall when the smaller girl who dropped the broom she was holding when they both saw what was sitting on the table. It was little bunny, Connie's stuffed animal that she love more then anything.

_______

Note: So sorry for not updating this story in like forever. I just didn't really have any motivation in writing but now I do and I'm back. This chapter was short but I just wanted to get one out since it's been so long but I will try to make the other longer. :)